PDA

View Full Version : Where's James have Pred question ......

mackin
07-09-2003, 19:38
http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/images/icons/blush.gif

When you reset the stock tune from any tune even "0",speed limit change ,do you have to manually reset that setting ???

I put my stock tune back in couple two three days ago , and when ,today,I wanted to restore speed limit defeat, it all ready was set to a buck ten ...... What's the deal'e'o ......???
Prolly missing the obvious,sure glad tech didn't go for a blast .....He prolly be, WTF ??? http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

Mac http://www.turbodieselregister.com/ubb/hihi.gif http://www.turbodieselregister.com/ubb/hihi.gif http://www.turbodieselregister.com/ubb/hihi.gif

sdaver
07-09-2003, 19:46
got a question too..........when I plug to the data port with the key on I get nothing(no light no nothing)......I think my pred might be dead..........gonna send it to ya.........if it is dead what happeneds in regards to my saved data?.......will call ya

king D
07-09-2003, 20:08
james while your calling folks put me on your list.need to talk you know what about...jess

WhiteDuramax
07-09-2003, 20:19
Me too, I sent ya an email a while ago James and havent recieved anything back yet.

sdaver
07-09-2003, 20:27
hmmmmmmmm has anyone ever seen broker and james together?......... :D

king D
07-09-2003, 20:31
put your seatbelts on here we go again :eek:

mackin
07-09-2003, 20:36
Originally posted by king D:
put your seatbelts on here we go again :eek: Now that is funny .....

Mac http://www.turbodieselregister.com/ubb/hihi.gif

orange2
07-09-2003, 21:15
Sdaver, check the cig liter fuse in the main fuse bank under the hood, I sent on back and it was the fuse. I pulled every fuse in the truck to find the problem. I believe the fuse is towards the bottom on the firewall side, hope this helps.

GMCTRUCK
07-09-2003, 21:20
I know when I choose "restore stock tune" it doesn't reset to stock tire size and the speed limiter stays at 125mph. Looks to me like if you want to reset tire and speed calibration back to stock you have to do it manually. Also sometimes I'll plug in the Predator and the screen will light up but, stay blank and it takes a few minutes before anything shows up on the screen.

Jelisfc
07-09-2003, 22:02
Since the Predator is a reprogram not add on does it give correct info to the DIC for mileage calcs etc?

Burner
07-09-2003, 22:21
nope...pedal thing again...... pred makes pedal "easy" ..... your MPG's will be off. You can work numbers with different settings. Say the DIC says 28 MPG, you could divide by 4 and get 8 and times(X's) that by 3 and get 24 then add one to = 25MPG or times the DIC 28MPG by .91 and do the same thing. Nothing will really work because of the different power settings. The dang thing will "eat" fuel when you take-off and go WOT but yeild a little better return when just cruiseing. If GM had just put some kind of meter in the fuel supply and dump, we would not have a problem. :rolleyes: Live and learn.....

Burner-----> :D

sdaver
07-15-2003, 06:05
OFF IN MUSTANG LAND NO DOUBT :confused:

Bullseye54
07-15-2003, 07:44
I've been trying to get ahold of James for couple weeks no responce.Diablo won't return my call either,tech's are to busy.

Joe.G
07-15-2003, 17:05
Yeah, they are trying to find something to cure the 6.0 liter Ford, because Ford sure hasn't.

permx11
07-16-2003, 10:44
I talked to him yesterday and ordered a predator should be here today.

here is his contact info.

Sales:

sales@runninwiththedevil.com

Tech Support:

support@runninwiththedevil.com

Phone Tech Support:

1-251-694-1112

Monday - Friday
11am-5pm EST
10am-4pm CST
9am-3pm MST
8am-2pm PST
7am-pm AKST
6am-Noon HST

support@runninwiththedevil.com

NFLDMAX
07-16-2003, 14:16
It is funny that he is avaliable for the sale, but not the service. :rolleyes:

Joe.G
07-16-2003, 16:20
Mackin, I ran my Pred. on 60 hp setting while waiting for JK to update my juice to hot, when I reinstalled the juice I reprogrammed to stock.
Checked the parameters and nothing had changed, took the truck for a test drive and it hit the speed limiter at 97 mph instead of the 110 that the Pred. said was set. I reset the parameters and it updated the pcm and now it's 110 mph. I think it lied to me.

HotShot
07-16-2003, 21:10
Maybe his F*** made it a few miles before he had to walk back :D

Only once did James not answer my emails within minutes.

mackin
07-17-2003, 06:20
Joe

I didn't test mine ..... :(

But since I went back to stock,I wanted to reset the speed limit that was my discovery that nothing apeared to have been changed .....

You Hoo James were are you ????

Mac http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

RWTD
07-17-2003, 11:26
Hello everyone, and I apologize about the delay on getting back here.

Originally posted by mackin:

When you reset the stock tune from any tune even "0",speed limit change ,do you have to manually reset that setting ???Mac, if you go to "Reset Parameters" it will reset all the #'s and settings back to the original settings that the unit is set to default when shipped.

I think what you're stating might be different, though. It sounds as if you went from a "tune" to "original factory calibration", and then when you restored the performance data you were seeing the "110" setting for speed limiter. Yes, if you didn't do a "Reset Parameters", as I was stating above, then the last "Modify Performance" changes you made will be the default, either during swapping "tune" levels, or when going back to stock then back to a tune level.

Originally posted by sdaver:
got a question too..........when I plug to the data port with the key on I get nothing(no light no nothing)......I think my pred might be dead..........gonna send it to ya.........if it is dead what happeneds in regards to my saved data?.......will call ya Hmmm, check your "Cigar" fuse, Dave. Or, you could plug any device into your power port and cig lighter port to test them out. Usually this means a blown fuse, though. If it still does it lemme know and we can swap it out (we'd load your factory tune into the unit with VIN so you wouldn't lose this).

Originally posted by king D:
james while your calling folks put me on your list.need to talk you know what about...jess Jess, if you wouldn't mind, please email me a couple of contact #'s for you. I would appreciate this. Thanks!

Originally posted by WhiteDuramax:
Me too, I sent ya an email a while ago James and havent recieved anything back yet. Whiteduramax, if you would not mind, please resend that email to me. My host upgraded their servers 2 weeks ago to keep lost emails from happening. I'm sorry that I did not receive your email.

More posts to follow!

Kind Regards...

GMC-2002-Dmax
07-17-2003, 21:09
OH JAMES,

Any word on new tunes for the Predator. I have a few questions for you.

E-mail me so I can ask ya.

GMC ;)

RWTD
07-18-2003, 09:03
Originally posted by GMC-2002-Dmax:
E-mail me so I can ask ya.Emailed ya bud!