PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick a color

D-n-Tyke
06-13-2002, 10:07
Ok so it's time to replace our truck and I have found the truck that I want, 2002 Chevy Silverado 2500HD D/A CC LB 4X4. Now I am just having problems picking out the color. The color that I really wanted is no longer available so here are the two colors I have to choose from.

Inigo Blue

Summit White

Which would you choose? :confused:

Diesel Girl
06-13-2002, 10:12
Indigo Blue of course!! White looks like a work truck and has no sparkle....

WOJO 1
06-13-2002, 10:27
Go with the white. If it looks like a work truck then they won't think you can wipe them off the road. Besides,they are easier to keep clean.

Diesel to the MAX
06-13-2002, 10:56
If that is the only choices you have I vote for the Blue one. Sorry, never cared for a white auto. I like color! :D :D

Colorado Kid
06-13-2002, 11:30
The General is making this easy for you: Indogo Blue is also on the No Longer Available list where it joined Sunset Orange.

Enjoy your white truck. :D

drthv8r
06-13-2002, 11:38
I just picked my Indigo Blue truck up this past Saturday. To me there wasn't any other color, this was the color for me.

neophyte
06-13-2002, 12:26
I would pick indigo blue. I agree with those that say white just makes your truck look like a work truck. Although it will take more care, the look you will get from the blue is worth it. I have never liked white.

DmaxMaverick
06-13-2002, 12:37
Just say NO to white!

The blue does require more attention, but the result is well worth it.

SoCalDieselNewbie
06-13-2002, 12:47
The only color that I would pick White over is Pewter...

Go Blue... Heck go Avacado Green or Harvest Gold is you must.

Just not a fan of white trucks and there are soooooooo many pewter HDs already out there.

Just my preference,

SoCal Newbie

[ 06-13-2002: Message edited by: SoCalDieselNewbie ]</p>

DMAX Daddy
06-13-2002, 13:06
D-N-Tyke,

PEWTER!

My pewter Suburban can be FILTHY and you cant tell 25 feet away. I usually wash it a couple times a month, but with the desert winds and marine layer leaving salt/grime on everything here in Southern Cal, Pewter stays 'cleaner'.

I was also favoring Indigo Blue and it was going to be a tough decision, but when it came time to select a color there was no Indigo blue and I had no clue what shade Arrival Blue was.

My opinions on other colors, for what its worth (about zero ;) )
Dark Grey - Not a bad selection
Black - too hard to keep clean
White - Military trucks are white, too many of them around here
Maroon - shows scrathes easily (in my opinion)
Green - too dark, too hard to keep clean
Bright Red - hurts my eyes, plus I already had a red truck stolen

[ 06-13-2002: Message edited by: DMAX Daddy ]</p>

SoCalDMAX
06-13-2002, 13:15
CHARCOAL GREY!!!

BWHAHAHAHA!!

Regards, Steve

AlaskaDmax
06-13-2002, 13:27
Come guys & gals !!!!!

White aint that bad!!!!!

White was the only color they had when I went to the dealer...

Actually, white isn't easier to clean...just the opposite!! All the other colors hide the tar and CR@P that sticks....my truck is starting to look like it has an infection.

Also, the paint seems to be VERY brittle....do not know if it is just white that is plagued or if all of GM paint is inferior. I have no less than 30,000,000,000,000 chips on my truck right now and it is getting more just sitting out in the parking lot right now. I swear to God that the birds are dropping rocks on it now.

I would have gotten the blue if they had it.

Diesel to the MAX
06-13-2002, 13:55
AlaskaDmax, no one said white=bad. It

odoh
06-13-2002, 14:00
I like blue on other peoples stuff preferably velvet blue ~ sign of affluence. Wouldn't have it myself of course. My favorite, tho not available, would be tu tone teal green/grey. Take the blue, better you than me tongue.gif What color for interior did you select? ~ odoh

[ 06-13-2002: Message edited by: odoh ]</p>

AlaskaDmax
06-13-2002, 14:10
Diesel to the Max,

YES!!!!! all that matters is that I have it!

I am forbidden to say "Duramax" around my wife....if the truck could only cook me three square meals a day.....

MaxNouT
06-13-2002, 14:36
Wonder why there's soooooo many pewter trucks out there?
Has to be a reason........ :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

AlaskaDmax
06-13-2002, 14:58
MaxNout,

Brainwashed, every last one of you!!! :D :D

Diesel to the MAX
06-13-2002, 15:11
Having a Ext.Cab Pewter is like having a IROC. :D How does that saying go? Oh yea, there like @ssho$$, everyone got's one. tongue.gif

D-n-Tyke
06-13-2002, 15:33
SoCalDMAX- Your not funny....You know that is the color that I really wanted but there is only one in the state of California that I can find and the guy that has it thinks it is made of gold.

odoh- I want the graphite cloth interior. This brings up the question again, why the hell does GM make so many of these trucks with Leather. If I want leather to sit on I would buy a car (oh yeah already did that.)

If anyone can help find me a Charcoal Grey, Crew Cab, Long Bed, D/A, 4x4, LS speak up and let me know where it is......

SoCalDMAX
06-13-2002, 16:04
Hi D-n-Tyke,

I thought your handle looked familiar! I just put in a call to Suburban Chevy to see if they can locate one for you. They're closed right now but will probably call back tomorrow. I'll drop you a line if they can do anything at all for you.

Good luck!!

Regards, Steve

SoCalDieselNewbie
06-13-2002, 16:13
D-n-Tyke,

Is this Charcoal Gray one that you found?

HARBOR CHEVROLET CORPORATION
3770 CHERRY AVE LONG BEACH, CA 90807-4321
Gary Worthington
(562) 426-3341

Silv: 2500 LWB, 4WD, Crew Cab
2F194303 2002 Gray, Charcoal Medium(Met) / Graphite Custom Cloth Interior Trim $42,183

Anyway, I have no sympathy for you... Try finding a 3500 4x4 CC in anything but fricking white!!!

So Cal Newbie

[ 06-13-2002: Message edited by: SoCalDieselNewbie ]</p>

WOJO 1
06-13-2002, 16:58
Your original post said you would want Indigo Blue. Just made a phone call to our local dealer. He has an Indigo Blue D/A LB 4X4 LS package.

Winkel GMC
Reno Nevada
775/329-0831
Talk to Jerry Smith if interested.

MAXed Out
06-13-2002, 17:20
Wojo 1,

I think he said he wanted a Chevy. Oh, and I think you said you wanted "The Juice". Check my sig. smile.gif

Big O
06-13-2002, 17:20
D-n-Tyke
Here's a unique idea---JUST GET THE COLOR YOU WANT. No one else's opinion is relevant. I ordered dark carmine for me, if no one else likes it--who cares. You pay for it/you pick it.
:D

MAXed Out
06-13-2002, 17:34
D-n-Tyke,

Champion Chevrolet (786-3111 Bill Cox), here in Reno, has that model in Blue, Pewter and a maybe another color. smile.gif

[ 06-13-2002: Message edited by: MAXed Out ]</p>

WOJO 1
06-13-2002, 17:57
MAXedOut, so you got it uh? Is it everything/more than I read about here? I'll see you racing around somewhere. By the way I would not buy a wagon from Champion Chevy. Those people are rude.

motovet
06-13-2002, 23:41
D-N-Tyke, You wouldn't happen to be a consultant by trade would you? For me both of those colors wouldn't work, but white would be my last choice.

D-n-Tyke
06-14-2002, 08:10
SoCalDieselNewbie- Yep that's the one. That guy will only take $500 bucks off the sticker. I don't think so.....

The color that I WANT is Charcoal Gray but that is the only one that I can find. Yeah the Chevy hood is for me, just need that power dome.

Steve drop me an e-mail ifyou find something.

No not a consultant or in construction this would be the toyhauler for when we go to the desert and to car shows.

Going to check out Champion Thanks..

hdmax(mike)
06-14-2002, 08:43
I would say go with Indigo blue, Because it looks much better, and also is about 2/10`s quicker in the 1/4 mile :D

But seeing how that is the color I want, I say go with white. The less of my color the more it stands out ;)

01_Duramax_Dually
06-14-2002, 08:55
RED...I SAY RED..The brightest RED they make...If you are going to make a statement...do it!!!.... :D

Oh so sorry, Red was not one of the choices you wanted us to pick from...OK I got it.......

WHITE with RED flames...That's it... ;)

Do I have the only Victory Red 4x4 CC LB Dually or what?

I have not seen one...and I do alot of driving. I agree with who ever posted that said White is about all you can get for Dually's. I have seen a tremendous amount of them on the road...Wonder why. Is it the least expensive paint to apply? I know Red is one of the more expensive and let me tell you with a CC LB dually there is a lot of paint on it..... :D

MountainMax
06-14-2002, 09:38
Well..., like my Grandaddy used to say... "it's a good thing we all don't like the same thing ...cause everybody would be after your Grandma....

I like my pewter. However, If I were in Alaska, the last color I would have would be white. You would not believe how hard it is to spot a white vehicle stranded in snow from the air. btdt.

Redhawk
06-14-2002, 16:50
Here, every county truck and construtction firm uses white trucks. Put an amber light on the roof and you will be waved through police lines and be allowed to dump your garbage free. However on reflection, that doesn't sound like too bad a deal.

mackin
06-14-2002, 17:12
D-n-Tyke ,

You want the best looking truck,when clean, but high maintenance, get "BLACK" ........ You want to just DRIVE and clean it once a month get PEWTER ....... It never looks dirty ...... Also interior . Before you buy, if you get PEWTER, and the truck is more for pleasure then getting all grundge and hoping in and out all day, and you get LEATHER .......Look at Pewter with the neutral interior ...... My buddy has that combo,in a 3500 dually, looks real sweet ..... IMHO ......But if it's cloth, go graphite ........

MAC :D
I guess I should have paid attention to your post ....... Get Indigo Blue ...... My MONTE is close to "Indigo Blue " as you can get . Looks real good ........

[ 06-14-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

mdrag
06-14-2002, 20:45
Topic moved to 2500HD/3500 HD Trucks & Drivetrain Forum.