PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Duramax Crew Cab

jasonv
06-09-2002, 21:40
Does anyone know when GM will be shipping the 2003's. Hoot came up with some great spy shots. There are several 03's just sitting at some factory parking lot. When will we get them? I ordered mine two months ago and I am afraid I may be waiting until November. If I am lucky the balck one in the picture with those new mirrors is mine. (Ha,Ha) By the way those mirrors kind of look goofy in the picture. Time will tell... but does anyone know when???
Jasonv
Hoot's Spy shots:
http://www.uscom.com/~hoot/cars/duramax/2003pics/ :confused:

ccds
06-09-2002, 22:01
I have a Carbon Metallic crew cab ordered to...

thanks for the great pictures

smile.gif

pontiac_m18
06-09-2002, 22:49
JASON V, the trucks will start up right after the 2 week shut down in July. They should be headed to the dealers shortly after that when they get the OK from the co. Howard smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

01_Duramax_Dually
06-09-2002, 23:30
Nice Blue,
The "extenda" mirror is Gooooooooffffffyyyyy!
Does GM not get the message...HELLO... They need to be BIGGER for a better field of view...Well Lucerix will still do great next year as well. :D

The New Chev front has not yet won my acceptance. The GMC looks good.

But as always, change is good and new designs brings innovations.

Bottomline:
It still has Duramax/Allison drivetrain so it is all good...Except for the competiton...

Carry On... :D

thechevyhdman
06-10-2002, 00:34
Looks to me that maybe the GMC will outsell the Chevrolet counterpart for the first time. I think the change is good to keep up with the market but maybe the designers of the Chevy should stop dropping acid before they show up to work. It looks like a F*&^ed over Avalanche. The GMC definitely looks sweet. Looks like my next trucks not gonna have a bowtie on the frontend :(

hoot
06-10-2002, 03:27
I don't believe they could sell more GMC's than Chevy's. They only make about 25% GMC's. They don't have a very large dealer network either.

All this talk about GMC outselling Chevy is BS. Every time a body style changes a bunch of people cry about it but they still sell like hotcakes. I don't think this will be any exception.

Dave_WB3FYV
06-10-2002, 05:36
Those mirrors look like the ones Powervision is selling.
http://www.powervisionmirrors.com/
A friend of mine had a set of these on an older pickup, but they vibrated so much when extended he had to take them off. It's a good idea, power extension when you need it - but it's just not stable enough. The mirror head was very similar to the factory mirrors on his '97, and you're right, they are kinda small.
Hope the General improved the design!

DMAX Daddy
06-10-2002, 07:46
Production Start up is last week of June

Crew Cab production starts 7 July.

My dealer expects to have my build date soon after 7 July, but it might not arrive til late August

Crossing my fingers and praying my dealer is right!!!

[ 06-10-2002: Message edited by: DMAX Daddy ]</p>

01_Duramax_Dually
06-10-2002, 07:50
DMAX Daddy,
Well thanks for the dates. I sure hope the Ultrasound shows you when you will have a Birthdate... :D

Carry On.... :D

gardnerteam
06-10-2002, 09:34
According to Powervision about a year ago, their mirrors were going to be a option on the 2003. I had a set om my last truck and they were very unsatisfactory. They vibrated a great deal, and finally the soft brass gear used in the mechanics of moving them in an out broke off of the shaft. Powervision would not warranty it, saying the mirror must have been slapped. It wasn't, just pulled in my the passengers hand to avoid a tree. I hope GM does a better job of servicing the customer complaints on the Powervision than Powervision has. The clip on mirrors for 1/4th the price vibrate far less, give greater vision, and have fewer problems.

DMAX Daddy
06-10-2002, 09:35
He he Im desperate for a date, need to know when to start buying the "extras"...

One thing I left out, you can not order a truck with the new mirrors until after 15 July. I oredered mine anyway without them, and from looking at the mirrors Im kinda glad I did :D

pontiac_m18
06-10-2002, 23:36
DMAX DADDY, I don't know your source but e-mail me & we can talk about it!! They would not shut down for the 2 week shutdown & leave those 2003 trucks on the line to get dirty!! Never happen!! The lines are stripped out for maintence purposes! When they come back from shutdown, there is a gradual build up till they are ready to reach FULL production!! Howard e-mail me at = howard_m18@yahoo.com smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

[ 06-10-2002: Message edited by: pontiac_m18 ]</p>

NutNbutGMC
06-11-2002, 04:58
^...pontiac......You know way too much for your own good. However, thank you for sharing your information and being part of this great forum. :cool: :cool:

Do you happen to know when the 2004's will be available for shipping??? ;)

[ 06-11-2002: Message edited by: NutNbutGMC ]</p>

MABurns
06-11-2002, 08:42
I got the powered extension version of the Lucerix. It only works on the driverside though. You push a botton and when the window goes down you reach out and push the mirrors out. Works great.

DMAX Daddy
06-11-2002, 09:48
Emailed you Howard smile.gif