PDA

View Full Version : Cracked Function Block

DMaxCaptain
09-07-2002, 19:16
Several weeks back while pulling the boat home from Lake Powell, I was alerted by a passing truck that 'a large amount of fluid was coming out from under the truck'. After stopping and opening the hood with the engine running, observed a large spray of fuel coming from just left of the turbo. Had truck and boat towed to GMC dealer where service department replace the 'function block' (a 3" x 5" brass looking fitting with several fuel supply inlets and fuel rail outlets attached) due to a crack in the pressure sensor fitting.
With 30K miles on the truck, this is the first cause for warrenty work. Needless to say, I am extremely please with the truck. As a good friend that also owns a dMax puts it, the truck 'is a bear' when it comes to pulling.
The reason for this post is to find if this has happened to any other owners. The service center stated that it is not a common problem.

TBC
09-07-2002, 20:19
Mine blew a seal at about 2000 miles. No problems since then.

deadlyman
09-08-2002, 03:17
same here blew about 3000 miles make it a piont to presure wash the underside of your truck with some good degreaser before it eats your pain away.