PDA

View Full Version : Ordered my 1'st New Vehicle - Silverado Dmax

keywest
10-15-2003, 16:46
I'm really excited & a little scared too!!!
Tonight, after 3 years or reading, planning, & a few prayers for guidance too, I ordered my First New Truck Ever,, Diesel to boot!
Silverado / Duramax-Allison / LT / 4x4 / in BLACK. to be built Dealer believes in December..
I'm new to Diesels & most anything New, Please tell me I'll be OK! OK?
Thanks guys for all you do here.......
Keywest

deerhunter7
10-15-2003, 17:06
I'm sure you feel like a kid waiting for Christmas!!!!!!!!! :D

Trippin
10-15-2003, 17:06
Keywest,
Congratulations! I did the same as you only last October. I took delivery in December. After owning it for a year and 20,000 miles it still feels new. The fear is gone and the excitement has yet to wear off! :D

justa6.0
10-15-2003, 17:38
I ordered my new Onyx black 2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD,Crew Cab,SLT,4WD with the Duramax(LB7)/Allision combo last Wednesday and they picked the ordered up yesterday to start making it. The owner says I'll have it by Thanksgiving!

Justin

birddriver
10-16-2003, 06:47
After a year of prayer,reserch and lots more prayer I ordered mine in April and picked it up on July 5th. It was the most GUT wrenching thing I have ever done. I walked around for 3 months with a nervous laugh and a sinking feeling inside. :( I have bought my wife several new cars over the years but I drove the same old truck for 17 years. For most of us a $40,000++ truck is a big big step.
Take heart though, that sinking feeling will go way the moment you drive it off the lot but , seems to return for a day each month there after, mine did! :D

403turbo
10-16-2003, 08:16
keywest,

Congrats on the truck!

Yes, it is a big purchase and if you didn't have a few butterflies you wouldn't be normal.

That said you have already made the best move possible for a Duramax owner. You joined TDP!

This forum turns what would be a good ownership experience into a great one. I have said it before, a TDP membership should be standard equipment on duramax trucks.

The knowledge contained here is incredible and it is run very professionally. Unlike other forums, 99% of regular users are genuine enthusiasts(sp?) who simply love sharing knowledge and expereince, we have a great group of people on this forum.

Read as many posts as you can and you will develop a real understanding of these trucks and the issues they present.

With this site there is no reason to worry about your investiment in a duramax truck!

I still get a silly grin when I walk up to my truck in the parking lot.

Congrats!

pontiac_m18
10-16-2003, 11:37
KEYWEST, JUST A 6.0 & others! If you send me your S.O.N.(sales order #) & T.P.W. (targeted - called that cause it keeps moving- production week) I will add you to my famous "WATCH OUT FOR list!" :D :D :D Howard

keywest
10-16-2003, 18:08
Hi again Guys,

I got up early this morning with ""Butterflies"",
Big Time!!! Nearly in a panic state. Got dressed & went to Dealers right off & talked with my salesman & explained my thoughts.. A lot of $money$ to me & am I stepping way out of my league with the Dmax.......
He's a pretty good guy & he put me into a 6.0 gas Crew & sent me out for a ride. When I returned, he put me into a Dmax Crew & sent me off again just so I could make sure of what I want to do..
He said the small amount of engine noise will not even be noticable to me after a few days & in the long run I should be happy, happy......
I looked up mileage figures again for the Hundredth time on Gas vs. Diesel etc. and I have now calmed down considerably to a state where I may have a pretty good - shot at sleeping tonight...
Please keep the good words coming & thanks for all the encouragement so far...... Keywest

Trippin
10-16-2003, 19:07
Keywest,
Engine noise? Every once in a while I turn down my radio just so I could listen to the sweet music coming from under the hood. :D

Congrats again!

bartman
10-16-2003, 19:52
Keywest,
Don't have any hesitations on the Duramax vs a 6.0 gas. Let my mistake be your lesson. I had a 6.0 gas crew 4x4 SB just like the Dmax I now have. The BEST mileage I got on the highway was 13.5 driving 75mph :mad: I get 17 driving around town in the Dmax! When it comes to towing...the 6.0 is not up to the task. We pulled our travel trailer toy box that weighs 10,000 lbs with 2 4wheelers up Slumgollian pass in Colorado this summer (avg. grade for 9 miles is 8.5% :eek: and summit elevation of 11,500 ) and the 6.0 could muster only 8-10 MPH! It got 6 MPG tops towing. Now, with the DMax, hills are NOT a problem, and the mileage is 11-12 mpg. Get the DMax, Get the Dmax, Get the DMax...is it working yet? You wont regret it! :D

andrewfessler
10-17-2003, 06:16
Definately go with the Duramax. You will love it, you'll love the power and the ability of the truck.

I have pulled trailers with gas and diesel trucks, whenever I get stuck pulling with gas, I hate it because of the lack of power.

I finally traded in my last gas vehicle for the dmax, so now I am an all Chev diesel man smile.gif

I too often turn down the radio to just hear the "music" of my diesel, just something about hearing the sound of tough power.

The other good choice made was to joing TDPage. You'll find most people here helpful and happy to answer your questions.

Enjoy!

keywest
10-17-2003, 09:48
Me again,
Well, I finally slept all night & told Dealer this morning to continue with my DuraMax order...
I even added one more item, the factory SS, Chrome tubular assist step.
Dealer said GM will pick up the order next week & for me to call him Tuesday for a projected (build week)... Pretty neat!
Now where can I go to look at Toys for the new baby?
Thanks guys, Keywest

Kookoonut
10-17-2003, 11:21
Keywest
I Ordered my Dmax on 8/15/03 and drove it off the lot on 9/30/03 just beat the triple car tax. I LOVE it so far i've got alittle over 600 miles on it so far and i'm getting 17 mpg in the city. I ordered all the extras i could. They forgot to put the factory sunroof in so i had one put in. The only thing they cheated me out of is the spare tire lock. Make sure you check to see that its there. There tring to tell me its an option. Give me a break i spent 40k on a truck and they didn't put that on. I've seen the base models on the lot they all have them. I don't know if my dealer is just clueless or he forgot to code the stuff. I have the steps on the side i'm glad i did so the short ppl can get in. :) You'll Love your truck when it comes in.

2004 CC SB LT D/A Its Big and Blue

andrewfessler
10-17-2003, 11:50
Factory sunroof? Hmmh, this must be new for 2004. The dealer told me it was not an option on the 2003.

MY truck also seems to be missing the 6 disc cd player...its on the window sticker label, but not in the truck...Hmmmh.. . .