PDA

View Full Version : E Z Amp

chevmeister
09-02-2002, 18:41
Everyone keeps saying they can just sent the Juice back for an update. To who? I cant get a responce from edge, or BD. I know it can be done but where do i have to send it? Address? How can i find out what version this box is now and have they fixed the stalling problem? The box was bought by someone else from BD. :confused:

SoCalDMAX
09-02-2002, 18:45
I would try calling BD first, if they're not able to reprogram it, then send it to Edge. I'm surprised you haven't gotten an answer. How did you contact them, email or phone?

Regards, Steve

chevmeister
09-02-2002, 19:55
Email??? Well I guess the holliday may have something to do with it. I sent the email on the 29 first thing and no reply. Maybe tomorrow? What version are they on 4.0 still?

3TV
09-02-2002, 20:52
Yours will say right on the sticker on the back of the box. At least mine says 4.0 on that sticker.

3TV

Kennedy
09-02-2002, 21:11
The updated version will likely be 4.1, but it is still in beta. So far so good, but remember, these trucks can be as individualistic as you/I and just like prescription drug side effect warnings...

I should add that Aaron from Edge was out on Friday, AND as e-business grows, it is becoming more and more difficult to keep up with emails.

[ 09-02-2002: Message edited by: kennedy ]</p>

chevmeister
09-02-2002, 21:18
JK
Do you recomend the juice over all the others?

Kennedy
09-02-2002, 22:34
EEU-BOY! That's a tough one. The current boxes all work very well, and each has it's own key features that makes it unique. The Edge's strong suit is that it monitors trans slip speed (don't ask me how, but it DOES) and cuts back the power as needed. Yes you CAN slip to default, but not often. Others can clip the top speed limiter. Kinda boils down to the old saying "horses for courses."

Keep in mind that HP isn't everything, and how they are rated can make a big difference. Basically, any pulse width (duration of injection event) is capable of a lot more power than the Allison or even in some cases Dmax (EGT), can handle. The trick is to squeeze out as much as you can w/o crossing the line. :eek:

Sorry to sound so much like a politician, but the name says it all :D :

Also keep in mind that more and more new stuff comes out every day. Heck, we've pretty much seen 2 modules go by the wayside....

SoCalDMAX
09-03-2002, 09:47
I agree, JK isn't turning politician on us, ;) it's just that each power adder has it's own good points and differences. Ease of installation, actual power curve, torque curve, no smoke, adjustability, control of the tranny shift firmness, rev limiter increase, etc.

Depending on exactly what you really want, the best for one may be different than for another. What really helps is honest input from the vendors and people like John who've used them all and can tell you what's good or different about each.

Regards, Steve

Christian Roth
09-03-2002, 10:36
Call us at 1.800.887.5030 to get your box reflashed.

Although we can reflash it to the latest up to date program, it seems to be that once you get it back, there is a new update. :(

GMC-2002-Dmax
09-03-2002, 18:52
Since v3.61 what has changed for v4.1 beta on the JUICE??? I know the newer ones addressed '03 model changes, but what else is updated???

Anyone answer this one for me ??? JK, Aaron??

THANKS,

GMC ;)

Kennedy
09-04-2002, 21:37
For those coming to MT I will have "demo" models of the plug in Juice/Amp, as well as the Dynomite/Smart Box (along with Dennis Perry's hot 120 file), Duramaximizer and possibly a sneek peek at a mystery box...

Chips for the 6.5 as well.

The Juice is on level 4.2 currently. The quick revisions are to round out the instances of fishbite (miss) and stalling that is occuring in some trucks. I believe the problem is not so much Edge's programming, but GM's mulitple calibrations, AND the lack of a calibration ID sticker like on the Fords...

motovet
09-05-2002, 00:23
I still miss the "feel", or hit that the old 3.0 had compared to the 3.61 that I am running now. I do not miss the fishbite however, and guess that the hesitation between gears is going to make us all happier down the road. Which leads me to my question(s): The Juice/Amp is the hottest module to date and it seemigly has been mellowed some to protect our drivetrain from distruction. That being said, can anyone improve on what I and many others are currently running (Edge included), and not cause future headaches? I would like to get back what I feel has been taken away or even more, but can it be had without a price?

SoCalDMAX
09-05-2002, 08:43
That's a great question. I've got V3.61 and really like it. The proto. I tried was really touchy off idle and a few times I got nervous in heavy traffic, but that was just a learning curve issue.

The real issue you touched on is power vs longevity. Only time will really tell. I don't miss the sharp burst of power because I prefer to roll on the throttle most of the time anyways. That's how I've gotten 110,000mi out of the stock clutch on the Mustang even with 275hp and some drag slick launches. I don't want to tear up the truck just daily driving, so I use it judiciously.

The Power Loader might be the answer to your question, it sure sounds good. We'll have to see how people like it. It firms up the shifts and raises the rev limit and top speed as well.

Regards, Steve