PDA

View Full Version : Strange stalling problem

billyk
12-09-2003, 19:09
1996 6.5L TD 118,000miles. Ok here goes. I have stalling problems again. The IP is new (electronic and latest model). The PMD is new and relocated with a cooler along with new resistor pack. The Lift Pump is new. The battery cables are in good shape. The multipin connectors have been checked cleaned and resealed (w/dielectric grease). I ran a scan tool on it and the idle speed is at around 550 rpm after warm up. The following codes are displayed, P0100 after start and then P0633 after a few minutes. The code reader is also telling me that there are two pending codes -070A and -115B. The fuel filter is new. There was a bunch of debris in the bottom of the bowl that I cleaned out. I also had a water in fuel light before draining it and changing the filter and cleaning the bowl. I put additive in the tank and checked for water in the fuel several times with none found since draining it from the water in fuel event.

My questions are:
How do i adjust the idle on an electronic IP?
What are the codes telling me?
Any other ideas would be helpful......

I cant afford the Helm manual yet because of all of the other costs incurred on this beast. :confused:

HowieE
12-10-2003, 06:03
You still have 2,000 miles on the warranty. I would get to a dealer and record your problem ASAP. When a dealer changes a IP GM want them to remove and clean the fuel tank and to install a magnet in the fuel tank. If you havw dirt in the filter bowl they may not have don what they were supossed to.

HowieE
12-10-2003, 06:03
You still have 2,000 miles on the warranty. I would get to a dealer and record your problem ASAP. When a dealer changes a IP GM want them to remove and clean the fuel tank and to install a magnet in the fuel tank. If you havw dirt in the filter bowl they may not have don what they were supossed to.