PDA

View Full Version : Travelin' not 4 wheelin'

dmaxstu
08-31-2002, 20:41
Just completed my first major trip 5200 miles with the Dmax/Alison and want to share some observations,it seems when towing it should be in Tow/haul all the time. I had installed the Transynd fluid before I left and the truck has the deep pan and the transmission temperature never went over 185 even going over the Galena summit 8701'The only reason I did'nt use cruise control some of the time was because of curvy roads. The tranny temp would rise however when the Tow/haul was switched off. Engine revs never went over 3000RPM.It turned out to be the most enjoyable drive I have ever undertaken. I had the pleasure of meeting one of the DP members, Mowser who came to visit where I was bivouacked,in Alberta, actually I did have cover in the form of the trailer.All in all I learned a lot about this marvelous machine and was surprised to see so many in Canada, where owning one is a special privilege considering the value of their $'s. Stu

JEBar
08-31-2002, 21:45
Dmaxstu...appreciate the report...will soon have 25,000 miles on my rig and have been leaning towards the larger pan and Transynd change ... reports like yours are making that decision much easier to make....Thanks Jim