PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Sample

DMaxDave
10-13-2003, 17:56
Can anyone tell give me the an Idea on where to take a fule sample from stock duramax? after that sample I am going to add 2nd filter system test it next.
Thanks David

a bear
10-13-2003, 19:37
I never pulled one on a stock system but I think a good way would be to remove the filter outlet hose and push on a 1/2" clear vinyl hose with enough length to go over the fender to about 6" from the ground and use the primer pump to start a siphon. Once started I would flush the hose by flowing a couple gallons while shaking the hose to clean it well then catch the sample after rinsing the bottle and both sets of threads a few times. Fill the bottle to the bottom of the threads and immediately install the cap. This is also best done on a NOT so dusty day with clean hands and hose. After a rain is perfect. Sampling tecnique is everything if you want a representative sample.

DMaxDave
10-14-2003, 02:04
a bear,
Yep thats it, all I had to do is look.Gettin lazy . Its kinda tight place in there but just a squeeze clamp. Thanks David

Lone Eagle
10-14-2003, 11:33
Good advice from a bear. I just posted the results from my second test. I don't believe you can flush too much. Do not take your sample out in the drive way or any place the air is moving around a lot. If need be, get some one to pump the primer to keep the fuel flowing. I pumped a gallon into a clean jug to get started and then used my oil drain pan when I started flushing the bottle, lid etc. Later! Frank

DMaxDave
10-14-2003, 15:00
Thanks fellows for you input I do appretiate it. And if anyone wants they can come by and help :D I will do my best. David