PDA

View Full Version : Broke the dmax

LMorse
10-11-2003, 22:28
I tried the sled tonight.. She hopped just before a full pull.. Severely.. I was told the front tires bounced well over a foot off the ground while I was in second gear.. She came down pigeon toed.. I broke both torsion bars, a ball joint, and a cv joint.. I think that's all.. Had to get towed home.. She was the only dmax, and though she broke, I had many people approach me that couldn't believe how it was flying with the sled.. The overall winner even approached me and said he knew the dmax would have won if the front end had stayed together.. Big if, though it was nice to hear.. It's 228 in the morning and I have a broke truck in the driveway.. Anyone have any suggestions on parts and prices.. Any help would be appreciated..
The woman left me this mornin, and the dmax broke tonight.. When it rains, it pours..

mackin
10-12-2003, 04:04
Perhaps Alan Jackson will see this,this has the making for a #1 song on the hit charts ...

Mac
http://www.turbodieselregister.com/ubb/hihi.gif

JoeyD
10-12-2003, 05:04
You broke the torsion bars?

dmaxalliTech
10-12-2003, 06:31
LMorse, email me with exact list of what you need and your vin.
Eric

gene smith
10-12-2003, 08:21
Lmorse
Your best bet is with Dmaxallitech, dam good prices and tons of knowlege. sorry about the wife it took me 4 of them before I found one that would put up with all the toys.

Geno

LMorse
10-12-2003, 10:26
Thanks Dmaxillatech... The list is in your mail..

RichBailey
10-12-2003, 14:14
LMorse wrote:
The woman left me this mornin, and the dmax broke tonight...

Mackin wrote:
Perhaps Alan Jackson will see this,this has the making for a #1 song on the hit charts...

I am sorry to hear about your problems, obviously this is not the place for too much sympathy.

Mackin's comment had me laughing for 10 minutes...

Kennedy
10-12-2003, 16:42
How about broke the 2500HD, as it sounds like the Duramax escaped unharmed? For now... :eek:

ChevysRus
10-12-2003, 16:48
Ran into a guy once who was married 4 times. I asked him how he remembered all the names. He said it was easy, they all had the same name! I said what was it? He said "Plaintiff" LOL smile.gif

mackin
10-12-2003, 17:07
Originally posted by ChevysRus:
Ran into a guy once who was married 4 times. I asked him how he remembered all the names. He said it was easy, they all had the same name! I said what was it? He said "Plaintiff" LOL smile.gif :D :D :D :D

jesshd
10-13-2003, 04:53
Every truck that I have seen pull with a lift kit hops and break. Usually starts front to back. The springs are too stiff to let the truck settle and dig. I used to pull with a Jeep many years ago and at that time all of the lifted Brocos and Blazers, trucks and others, would start to hop, hit the limits of the drive shafts, CVs and U-joints would start popping. If you are lifted and you don't have enough suspension travel to keep from hitting the travel limits, **** will break.

Jess

LMorse
10-13-2003, 11:37
Hey guys.. I expect no sympathy for the woman thing.. We all know they come and go.. The funny thing is we hardly ever learn our lesson.. I broke the tie rods, not torsion bars.. I feel like a dumba** for even saying that.. No use me holdin anything back..

mtomac
10-13-2003, 23:05
What lift kit are you running?

I think Bulletproof suspension makes a cross-over steering kit that replaces the centerlink and tie rods with beefier components.

[ 10-13-2003, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: Micheal Tomac ]

Oongawah
10-15-2003, 07:14
LMorse,

Did you change the gearing when you put on the 39" Bajas? I'd love to see a pic of that truck. Must be a beaut.