PDA

View Full Version : New Member/ Banks Stinger TLC

bartman
10-11-2003, 12:06
Glad to be part of the Diesel Page! I've been reading the forum for a while (before I was a Dmax owner) and have found all of the information incredibly useful. So now I have a question. I have an 03 dmax/allison and the new Banks Stinger TLC system. I'm really happy with the combo, as I don't race at all. I do, however, pull a 10k pound trailer at least once a month. Is the stock allison up to the task, or do you think an upgrade will need to be made? Their info claims an extra 73hp and 142lb/ft of torque. It pulls the trailer very well, and I'm hoping it will last with this combo. Thanks for any input! :cool:

DMAX Daddy
10-11-2003, 14:32
No expert here, but I think the experts around here mentioned around 125HP as the make/break point.

For what its worth, Banks normally takes things like this into account when they design things, which means they engineered their toys so you dont need a new tranny.

king D
10-12-2003, 05:09
i agree if banks sold it as a kit,it prolly wont hurt anything except a few ferd owners feelings.... :cool: ....jess

ryeguy
10-12-2003, 09:33
Your trans will be okay. I've gone up around 20,000+lbs GCW, up 7+% grades, under full power and only occasionally can you feel the trans. slip, and when that occurs the system immediately compensates.

--Rob

bartman
10-12-2003, 09:57
Thanks for the responses! I know there are certainly more powerful upgrades out there, but for my intended use, I feel I made the right choice. I was very impressed with Banks customer service when I was in the "thinking about it stage" they were very helpful in answering questions and very knowlegdable. I know they may not be the most cutting edge, but their reputation for quality products was probably the most influential on my purchasing decision...even our Regional GMC service rep (factory guy) is going to put it on his truck! That's got to make you feel better about warranty work...huh? Thanks again for the responses. :D