PDA

View Full Version : My exhaust smells like a bag of armpits

MaxACL
10-10-2003, 10:22
I've noticed for the past month an awful smell from my exhaust and my concern is that I had the same smell when my injectors were going bad. Anybody see a connection? :confused:

Lonewolf867
10-12-2003, 05:30
Max,
I have also noticed that my exhaust does NOT smell like normal Diesel exhaust. It has a sharp smell to it. I have often wondered about that.
Say you had an injector go bad? :eek: I hope that is not what is happening on an 03 with 10k on it..

Mike

smitheb
10-12-2003, 06:23
I have the same thing but attributed it to the CA emission pkg my truck has. I'm within sight of the Atlantic Ocean, pretty far from CA. LOL

MaxACL
10-12-2003, 07:07
Lonewolf867

I had one injector go bad in Erie PA a few months ago and GM replaced all eight injectors because of the dammage to the one. The mech thought it was bad fuel that scored something. But it dumped a few gallons of fuel into the crankcase then out the breather tube then all over the back of the truck. Wasn't pretty. I did noice this smell before the "oil slick" appeared.

Smitty31, Good eye sight to see the Atlantic from CA. We have some flat spots here in Texas soooo flat..., if you look at the horizon hard enough, you can see your back side. :D

Mike

tom.mcinerney
10-12-2003, 16:40
I think most of diesel exhaust smell is from the sulfur. The amount of sulfur may vary with different fills.

letsgo
10-13-2003, 15:38
MaxACL I got quite a chuckle out of that one.

good luck