PDA

View Full Version : Juice W/Attitude

SmokeyMax
10-09-2003, 14:50
Just ordered my Juice w/ Attitude combo from Kennedy! But listen to this...My buddy/salesman at our local GMC invited me to come down and drive an 04 Dmax with a "dealer installed" Bully Dog Stage 1!!!!!! 4-Inch Exhaust, Dual pillar w/ guages Bully Dog chip etc and not to mention the 285 BFG's. Our GMC Dealer is awesome! It's almost like buying a dealer rigged muscle car from the 60's.

As for the Juice...seeing the picture of the attitude hooked up on the web site sold me.

SmokeyMax

maxinDixon
10-09-2003, 16:29
Just installed mine over the weekend and drilled the exhaust yesterday and its great! You won't regret it. Just be careful and align the connectors as best as possible before locking them in place. That should save lots of grief.

Here is where I mounted my attitude. It is perfectly positioned for me when I tilt my wheel as I want it. The cable for the attitude is just long enough to follow the suggested routing mentioned in the manual.

http://www.agapequilts.com/images/att.jpg

Jack

Oongawah
10-09-2003, 20:10
Dude! That's the bomb. Only problem is, that's where I was going to put my in-cab adjustment for the new Ranchos. Hmmmmm, back to the drawing board.

SmokeyMax
10-10-2003, 04:04
MaxinDixon,

Awesome setup! Does your knee ever bump into it? I was thinking about mounting it on my pilar. If you go to the Edge website, the instructions are in an Adobe format and there is a cool picture of one installed.

Is it really that easy to bend a pin on the connectors? Any advice on how to be "more" gentle?

SmokeyMax

Idle_Chatter
10-10-2003, 04:30
That's a great location, problem is that I have my aux tank selector toggle there already. To your question, Oongawah, nope, no knee bumping, my black plastic tank toggle switch has been un-bumped for maybe 50,000 miles now.

maxinDixon
10-10-2003, 06:39
Originally posted by SmokeyMax:
MaxinDixon,

Awesome setup! Does your knee ever bump into it? I was thinking about mounting it on my pilar. If you go to the Edge website, the instructions are in an Adobe format and there is a cool picture of one installed.

Is it really that easy to bend a pin on the connectors? Any advice on how to be "more" gentle?

SmokeyMax You can see where my knee is in the photo. Distance about 4-5 inches. Even less of a problem when my foot is on the throttle. I was going to put it on the otherside but was afraid I'd bump it getting in and out of the truck. My main reason for putting it there is that at the recommended location by Edge, the display gets super hot in the Kaallifornia sun!

The big connector on the engine is a little tight when trying to pull it away from the engine mounted connector so you can insert the edge connector. I loosened the plastic clip that holds the wire harness down so I can pull the harness more towards the master cylinder and have more room to better align the connectors together and have less chance of bending or pushing out the pins when you lock her down. I did have a pin in the smaller connector that came recessed within the connector housing from the factory causing the p0489 code to be set. If you get a good alignment, then just slide them together gently and most likely, if it goes and feels smooth, you're home free. But if you have to kinda force it, then pull it apart and have a look.

Good luck!