PDA

View Full Version : Attention Predator Owners: v1.10 Revision Upgrade Instructions!

RWTD
10-09-2003, 08:55
I have been asked by DiabloSport to post this information in the forum so many owners of the Predator will have the proper information on the revision upgrade, and what to do in order to receive the revision upgrade. Please note, this is not a required update.

The newest revision is v1.10. This will cover the few 2002, 2003, and 2004 applications that have issues with the speed limiter and speedo re-cal, and overboost codes (not all do). If you have a 2002, 2003, or 2004, and you're not having any issues with v1.08, then this update is not required for you.

Here are the instructions for any current Predator customer that wishes to have revision upgrades performed:

Dear Predator Customer,

In an effort to keep the DiabloSport Predator at the forefront of technology, DiabloSport will offer revisions to the various Predator
applications when need be.

The following procedure needs to be followed to return a used Predator for a revision update.

Please contact DiabloSport at general@diablosport.com , title the e-mail "Duramax Revision", to receive an RMA number (units received with out an RMA will be returned to the shipper).

End users Predators must be returned to DiabloSport directly for update, not the selling dealer. Updates will be offered free of charge; customer only needs to pay round trip freight.

Emails MUST include:

1: Name
2: Return Address
3: Daytime Phone Number
4: Year / Make / Model of Vehicle
5: Method of Payment for Return Shipping Fee
(Please call this info in if you would like)

If any of this information is missing, an RMA will not be issued.

Thank You,
DiabloSport Tech Department
561-908-0040
general@diablosport.com

Very Kind Regards...

[ 10-09-2003, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: RunninWithTheDevil ]

DMAX Daddy
10-09-2003, 09:03
Edited because we are already up to 1.10 from 1.09 where I made my comment an hour ago.

1. This is UNSAT. I have been in email communication with Diablo and they never mentioned one word about a new upgrade to me...

2. I have to spend ANOTHER $30 in shipping because the last update didnt work????

3. I'm going to be ****ed if this doesnt work. Again.

*stumbles off cursing at the windmills*

RWTD
10-09-2003, 09:32
Originally posted by DMAX Daddy:
1. This is UNSAT. I have been in email communication with Diablo and they never mentioned one word about a new upgrade to me...Hello Sir, and thank you for the post. So you will know, DiabloSport *just* gave me this information approx. 20 to 30 min. before I made this new post. I was the first person that informed of such info. I'm quite sure that if anyone would email them or call them now that they would inform the contact of the same information that I was given just earlier.

2. I have to spend ANOTHER $30 in shipping because the last update didnt work????If you are my customer, I would greatly appreciate you giving me an email or a phone call concerning this, as I can better communicate with my customers about possible concerns via either of those methods. Otherwise, please contact your specific dealer about such, and/or you may want to take up the issue with the DiabloSport General Sales Manager directly, which is Nick.

Please don't take any of my text as anything other than a concerned and caring response, as that is exactly what it is. I too want this to be fully resolved.

Very Kind Regards...

DMAX Daddy
10-09-2003, 10:31
No worries James, Im just frustrated at this point. Thanks for your assistance!

gassedracing
10-09-2003, 11:52
I do recommend calling James if you have issues with v1.07 or below. He just sent me 2 new tunes to "test" and I will be throwing them on the truck in a couple of hours (I need to sneak out of the office with my laptop and a serial cable on a break ;) ). I'll update you as I have info.

Just so you know, I had troubles with my '04 CA model throwing overboost codes and also being unable to get into the overrides for speed and tire size calibration.

Thanks James!
Greg

gassedracing
10-10-2003, 04:54
Put the 65 tune on last night and drove around and all seems to be better now, no more overboost codes.

RWTD
10-10-2003, 06:56
Originally posted by gassedracing:
Put the 65 tune on last night and drove around and all seems to be better now, no more overboost codes. That's great to hear! Please keep the feedback coming, and let me know if I can further assist you, Greg. I appreciate all that you have done, sir.

FWIW, the two tunes you have (65 and 85) are the same ones that's in v1.10.

Sincerely...

gassedracing
10-10-2003, 12:12
James,

I sent you an email asking a couple of questions about how to get an upgraded unit. Please check your email.

Thanks,
Greg