PDA

View Full Version : Code help!

ratlover
10-07-2003, 04:49
Well my truck has thrown a P0540 twice according to parts america. They say they wont clear the code because its in waranty. Could some one please tell me if its juice related and if I should be able to take this into my dealer without them rasing some eyebrows?

I have the juice on my truck. I also have a wierd problem that I have had twice(this throw the code?) I have been at WOT and shortly after in maybe the middle of second gear? my truck will shut down. My radio goes byby and all the dash flashes off and comes back on imediatly, maybe off for a 1/2 second. My truck dosnt lose any power though, it still keeps pulling like nothing is happening.

I have a turbo timer on my truck but I can see how its the cause since it dosnt split any factory wires. A wire piggbacks of a constant hot, and the pink ign wire, and the orange wire. Maybe this is causing my dieing incidents?

Help! :confused:

TIA smile.gif

Kennedy
10-07-2003, 04:54
PO540 is Intake air heater feedback ckt.

Could be a bad heater element. As I understand, they are looking for a specific voltage drop to see that the heater is working and drawing properly...

ratlover
10-07-2003, 06:16
Thanks JK smile.gif

What is an intake air heater? Part of the MAF or a temp sensor?

Could this be from a dirty MAF or anything caused by me puting an overly oily air filter in there redface.gif I had some dripage out the bottom of the airbox but I didnt see a performance drop /set a code/ see any oil residue inside so I didnt clean it. Thant and I'm having problems finding everclear in my town :mad: I gota make a trip a a liquor store as apposed to grocery stores.

So its probably not a result of any of my mods?

Thanks again

Kennedy
10-07-2003, 10:53
While it is not a very good picture, it will get you on the right track. The heater is in the same casting as my boost sensor, and the OE boost sensor. The OE boost sensor is the black box, and the intake heater is just below it.

http://www.kennedydiesel.com/images/Dmax-Boost-sensor-Location2.gif

ratlover
10-07-2003, 11:24
Thanks John.....Well I guess its time to de-ball my truck so I can take it to the dealer. :mad:

My truck hasnt let me down yet but all these stupid little electro gismos flaking out is really starting to **** me off :mad:

Still getting the shift range inhibited message. :mad: I like my dealer and they try but I wonder if they ever work on D/A's? They acted like the NSBU switch was news to them and told me that there was a bulliten on it that they found acting kinda supprised.