PDA

View Full Version : JUICE ON LEVEL 4 ???

DATSBAD
10-06-2003, 04:48
I put on the juice on my truck which now has 1500 miles . i put o the level 2 for the tow/haul mode and level 4 for regular driving around town .

my question is , is this ok to run all the time . i have been reading posts about other people saying to run level one then 2 then 3 and so on so the transmission can learn , is this true ?

i have it set on 4 and have not tried any other , is this bad for my truck or trans . thanks

Idle_Chatter
10-06-2003, 04:57
Shouldn't be a problem, Datsbad. The tranny is going to "learn" and adapt to any level that you reset. One thing about level 4 that I've noticed - especially since it's getting chilly here in the mornings in Ohio - is that the Juice will apply the timing and trans shift points for the set level but will hold additional fueling until coolant temperature gets up to operating range. This means that you'll get some timing "rattle" due to the timing advances prior to additional fuel being added when the coolant heats up. The shift points and firmness are pretty much the same for all levels, so once the tranny has gotten used to the Juice being in there, there's no big deal changing levels tranny-wise. I've been doing a lot of towing for the last month and a half while moving from Maryland to Ohio and have been shifting the Juice around nearly every day. I run level 4 empty, level 3 pulling an empty trailer and level 2 pulling a loaded trailer. I leave tow/haul in level 2 all the time because I only use it in stop-and-go traffic when loaded and to assist in stopping when loaded (ramps and construction zones). Once your tranny gets used to being juiced on any level, you have no worries from that point on.