PDA

View Full Version : Which Programmer?????

maxdout
10-05-2003, 21:29
I've seen virtually nothing about the Hypertech, the Superchips doesn't seem to be very popular and I've seen very little about the Quad programmers. The predator seems to be very popular, but seems to be loaded with "issues", what I like to call problems.

My main objective is to give my truck a slight wake-up call and get the best fuel mileage possible. I'm considering the Predator and the Quad Towing programmers. I won't be running the highest numbers, most likely level 1 or 2.

So, what's my best choice??? I need help here. Very confusing issue. By the way, my truck is an '02, D/A, SB, CC. Only mod thus far is a UNI-filter. Looking at guages, programmer, and possible exhaust as long as it's quiet.

Thanks,

David Walker

Kennedy
10-06-2003, 03:54
If you don't mind a bit more diesel "rattle", the n I'd try the Quad. The Quad is pretty storng and clean on the lower levels. It does have a definite increase in noise due to aggressive timing. The Predator wins on features. I have yet to load my Predator after the recent revisions, but hope to do so soon.

These programmers are capable of speedo recalibration and speed limiter increase. They CANNOT protect your transmission from a heavy right foot should you venture into the higher HP levels. This is where Edge programming excels. The VA also manages power if the transmission slips. Neither of these modules can alter sppedo/speed limiters though...

sdaver
10-06-2003, 04:18
I second that statement :D

NETMINDER
10-06-2003, 04:23
In my opinion, for the $$$ the Hypertech is prolly the best value. Else if you want a lil more performance get Power Edge's Juice. Both seem to be safe choices. I think JK sells The Juice and he's got pretty good customer service ... ;)

maxdout
10-06-2003, 05:49
Whatever I buy, it'll probably be coming from Kennedy. Just got my UNI from him last week. The order got here fast and hassle free. Just hoping now that I see some MPG gains.

For a bone stock truck, with 17,000 miles, what kind of mileage should I expect. Right now I'm seeing 16 around town and 17 on Hwy. running between 75 and 80 on cruise. I hear of alot of local folks with Hypertech (Chevy dealer sells it) getting 18-19 city and 22-23 hwy.

Thanks,

David

P.S. JK, what are the advantages of the Quad? Just a short description.