Thread: 5th wheel friendly tonneau cover

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I have seen adds in Trailer Life for soft tonneau covers that have an access flap for a 5th wheel hitch. Does anyone know of a source?

Thanks,
    Bob
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A, CC/SB,<br />Olympic White, *Manik SS brush guard and nerfs, *Hella driving lamps, Velvet rides, *HD Air Lifts and Compressor, *Snugtop bed cover, *Linex, *Yakima rails on cover (mt.bikes), *Amsoil 2 stage airfilter. *Pioneer XM Radio. *SUBSTANTIALLY upgraded speakers,<br />Amp and Sub. *One piece drive shaft. *Mag-Hytec diff.cover, <br />*43 gal across the bed aux.tank (American Tank), *Lucerix pwr / heated mirrors, *Allison deep pan and transyd, *Street Pilot III GPS. *Suburban-type lighted <br />double sun visors, homelink system,steering wheel stereo controls, *Kennedy

Sorry no details to help you out, but check "camping world". Seems I've seen one either in the store or their catalog.
    '02 2500HD, LS, Ext Cab, LB, D/A combo, 4x4, Indigo Blue (the good lookin' blue), Graphite Interior/Buckets, just about every option but leather
    MAN ... I LOVE THIS THING!!

Talking

Hi Sun Of A Gun,About the tonneau cover.They leak like a sive.I looked at them at Camping World when I was In Kissimmee Fl. last winter & when ya got the hole open for your fifth & its rainin the wind has a tendesy to swirl the water around & through the hole. I talked to a couple of people that have them on there trucks & they dont like them.I myself could see were they would leak & to pay for something that dosnt keep the inside of my box dry,No Thanks.Hope this helps ya out.Hammer [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
    [URL=http://2001 3500 LS Extended Cab D/A ,Running Boards.Tool Box,Window Shades,Bug Deflector,20K Reese Fifth Wheel Hitch,K&N Air Filter,Running Board Lights,Blue Grill Lights.Chrome Tailpipe Extension,Computered Trailer Brake System, Pulling 2001 Travel Supreme Exspress 36 Ft. Tri-Axle fully loaded.<br />Total Weight-26,500

Maverick Guest

Son of a Gun,
    I have seen a Retrax cover on AKDmax's truck. This looks like a good tonneau cover for a 5th wheel setup. You roll it up when you tow and roll it closed when you don't. It wouldn't cover anything like the leaky soft tonneau cover would while towing but it seems like the best cover for those that tow and want a durable tonneau cover. Try a search on Retrax. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I have seen the covers you talk about. They must be custom made, just like the screen fronts I've seen. Although a tonneau would be nice with a hatch, it wouldn't be much help with a huge hole opened up in it while towing. If you need to store equipment in the back while towing, check out some of the 5th wheel boxes. This site is just an example of what I'm talking about: http://www.800toolbox.com/5thwheel.htm
    Just did a quick google search and this was the first link. As for the Retrax, you can check my pics. Shop around and you'll see, the Retrax is the best cover.
    TDPmember#6216 <a href=\"http://www.pbase.com/akdmax\" target=\"_blank\"><b>My Pics</b></a><br />2002 Storm Gray CC SLE, D-max/Alli, Retrax bed cover, J&J Millenium boards and mud flaps, Weathertech weatherflectors, Catch-All liners, MITO DVD, Panasonic LA95, High Idle, Hard wired radar detector, lightforce 240blitz driving lights.<i> <a href=\"mailto:akdmax@hotmail.com\">akdmax@hotmail. com</a> </i>

I tow a goose neck car hauler and have an Access Roll Up cover, I'm very happy with it, it only takes 10 seconds to roll it up for towing and once I drop the trailer 10 seconds to cover the bed, the cover is very water tight and looks good, the bows roll up with the cover, the cover can be locked (allthough not as secure as the aluminum roll up covers) but it also takes up no room in the bed like the aluminum roll up covers do.

There are pictures of the cover on my web site (in sig. below) "click" on the aftermarket options link
    <b>Steve Cornell<br />2003 Silverado 2500HD CC Duramax \\ Allison<br />96 Impala SS -- 2002 IASCA World Champion<br />2002 Haulmark 36\' Gooseneck Car Hauler with Living Quarters<br /> <a href=\"mailto:scornell@rtol.net\">scornell@rtol.ne t</a> <br /><a href=\"http://www.rtol.net/scornell/\" target=\"_blank\">My Impala SS \\ Car Audio web site</a> <br /><a href=\"http://www.rtol.net/scornell/silverado.htm\" target=\"_blank\">My 2500HD web site</a> <br /><a href=\"http://www.rtol.net/scornell/trailersales.htm\" target=\"_blank\">My Car Trailer web site</a> </b>

imported_ Guest

Fold-a-cover folds back to make room for the hook-up then folds back when unhooked.

Thanks for all the feedback guys,

Cabelas has a roll up called Truxedo that looks like the Access roll up. I generally have a hard cover on my bed when not out with the trailer but we go for weeks to Utah and I would like a cover up there. The Roll ups seem to be the way to go. What is the best price you have seen on the Access cover?

Bob
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A, CC/SB,<br />Olympic White, *Manik SS brush guard and nerfs, *Hella driving lamps, Velvet rides, *HD Air Lifts and Compressor, *Snugtop bed cover, *Linex, *Yakima rails on cover (mt.bikes), *Amsoil 2 stage airfilter. *Pioneer XM Radio. *SUBSTANTIALLY upgraded speakers,<br />Amp and Sub. *One piece drive shaft. *Mag-Hytec diff.cover, <br />*43 gal across the bed aux.tank (American Tank), *Lucerix pwr / heated mirrors, *Allison deep pan and transyd, *Street Pilot III GPS. *Suburban-type lighted <br />double sun visors, homelink system,steering wheel stereo controls, *Kennedy