Thread: Power Window Regulators

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I had the right one on my 04 GMC go down and refuse to go back up a couple times.
    I was able to remove the motor and found the shaft from the motor was rusty and binding in the housing.
    I was able to disassemble the motor and clean the rust off the shaft,greased with synthetic grease and its been good for the last 7 years.
    90 Chev 3500 c/c 4x4,6.2na,400 auto,4:10 gears.DSG Timing gears,main girdle, isspro tach, pyro,boost,oil and trany temp.Dual Tstats, High volume peninsular pump,on shelf, Custom turbo and intercooler 85%complete. Change of plans for the dually, it's going to get a Cummins. Both trucks are Blue 90 4x4 crews

Quote Originally Posted by Yukon6.2 View Post
    I had the right one on my 04 GMC go down and refuse to go back up a couple times.
    I was able to remove the motor and found the shaft from the motor was rusty and binding in the housing.
    I was able to disassemble the motor and clean the rust off the shaft,greased with synthetic grease and its been good for the last 7 years.
    I like your solution!

I was in the barber shop yesterday getting a haircut, and listened to the barber and client sitting in the chair discuss door hinge lubes for his late model GM pickup. He had been using a graphite lube for quite some time, but the squeak always came back in a short time. This last time, in a moment of desperation while away from home, he sprayed the hinge pins using spray sun blocker... He said it's been a while since then, and the squeak hasn't returned... Jim