Thread: Shift kit for Allison 1000?

Default Shift kit for Allison 1000?

Got the new DA and love it but want to protect AND upgrade the Allison 1000 a little. After she is broke in a little more I want to install the 85HP tune via the Diablo. Not going for MAX HP, just a little more.

I think a basic shift kit should help out, but what is the best for the $$.

Transgo has the JR kit for under $80 but what other options are there along with why.

FB

I dont know what year you have, but based on you mentioning it was new, I'll assume 06. In that case, the Transgo Jr kit is the best bang for the buck no doubt. Its all you can do with out pulling the trans out.

How involved is the Transgo Jr to install?

Yes, it is a new 06 with the LBZ

The TG JR kit looks like the way to go so far.

FB

Quote Originally Posted by cowboywildbill
    How involved is the Transgo Jr to install?
    The transmission pan and valve body must be removed. The valve body gets split apart and mods made. No gaskets other then the pan gasket and no check balls or anything crazy (except in the shift kit) and with common hand tools and a few hours, can be acomplished by the DIY'er.

Thanks, I'll have to look into it. I'm hoping they get a programer soon for these new engines, that will block codes on EGR and cat. And put a little more power out. Then I guess the transgo would be a good thing to do. I don't know if anyone has the data on whatn this new trans safely hold. I never did anything to the trans on the 02 except transynd and deep pan. Ran juice 90 hp box on level 2 towing and 3 or 4 running empty. Ran it pretty hard and never had a slip or limp or code had 65,000 miles when we traded.

I have the Diablo which is supposed to block the EGR code and I have a plate coming for it

As far as I know removing the cat should not set a code as there are no sensors down there and I have the downpipe on the way for it too. I already have the MBRP cat back exhaust and if it to noisy I will turn the muffler around.

FB

I have been told from 2 sources that the Diablo for the LBZ will NOT block egr codes like it does for the lly engine. I emailed diablo on the issue but no reply yet.

I do plan on putting the blocker plate in mine asap. Right now the Finger stick is the only way to stop the codes, but some owners still get codes immediatly, some weeks later. For me the thought cutting wires on a brand new $40K truck/computer causes heartburn. I may just install the blocker plate and let it drop the egr codes until a programmer is made to stop it.
    David Proske #418
    '06 CHEVY LBZ 2500HD CC LWB
    '03 GMC 2500HD D/A *sold* :-(
    '94 K2500HD W/GV OD

I'm with you, I really don't want to cut any wires either. Mainly due to a dealer getting miffed about a cut wire if I have to take it in for warranty work or recall. I'll wait for the programmer to do it all. Outa sight Outa mind!
    Like taking the regular juice off when going back to the dealer.
    Now on the 06's If you have On Star they might know if it throws a code or has a change made. GM is offering a free service with your On Star system that e-mails you a complete diagnostic check and report every month on your vehicle. Kinda sounds like Big Brother. Just something to think about.

Wink

Has anyone removed the cat and kept the stock exhaust? I would like to know if it is still just as quiet without it. I want it to breath, but I want it to stay just as quiet as it is. I must be getting old. And my Wife wants it to stay quiet also! Maybe shes the one getting old! Sorry I have to run Guy's. YES DEAR I"m COMMING!

Yeah the truck is still quiet without the cat. My truck does not have the On Star. Like you said that is big brother, and I would never buy a vehicle with such garbage in it.
    David Proske #418
    '06 CHEVY LBZ 2500HD CC LWB
    '03 GMC 2500HD D/A *sold* :-(
    '94 K2500HD W/GV OD

Quote Originally Posted by David Proske
    My truck does not have the On Star. Like you said that is big brother, and I would never buy a vehicle with such garbage in it.
    Don't say that to loud. The OBDIII vehicles will have it built in

FB

I heard some where that OnStar was the test bed for OBDIII.

You guys with the Diablo, can't you just unplug the EGR, or do you have to block it?

Not for the LBZ, just the LLY, LB7 Diablos did that.

They are sending me new a code blocker to try out though with my LBZ

In the meantime I bought the Edge Evolution and will compare the 2.

My mileage has gone down with no explanation except the Diablo upgrade. I can see the Turbo pressure has gone up some but I drive easy!

Still need to put the MH pan on but haven't bought any fluid yet, plus I have transgo jr kit to do at the same time!

FB
    2006 GMC D/A C/C S/B, Snug Top Shell, Bed-slider
    33 inch Toyos, 17/8 Pro Comp Wheels, 4 in SS MBRP Exhaust-Turbo back, Evolution Tune, Mag-Hytec on Rear and Trans, Tranco Jr Shift Kit.