Go over to IFSJA and search for posts by DieselSJ (me) and you should be able to find my build thread. 87 Grand Wag with a 6.5 turbo and 700R4. I think I was the first one to do one of those swaps and had it running back around 2006 or so and put 60K miles on it before I parked it with injection pump issues. Currently getting a full engine rebuild with 18:1's and some other goodies. It would get 24+ mpg cruising at 75-80.

When you get the engine low enough so that the turbo doesn't hit the hood, your steering shaft will hit the engine mount. I used Advance Adapters engine mounts and that was really the only issue I had. I sawzall'd the end of the mount and the rubber biscuit to clear the steering shaft. I'm using the truck setup with the turbo over the passenger manifold. If you have a center mount setup I can't say what clearance issues you will have. Mine is also set way back to where I have maybe 1/2" between the cylinder head and firewall. With the center mount turbo you will need to have clearance for the up-pipes on the exhaust. I have about 2" between the fan and radiator so there isn't a lot of room to push things forward.

One think you will absolutely want is something to tie the frame rails together under the mounts. My frame mount on the passenger side is twisted down. As I'm not in a huge rush to get it running, I'll be building a custom set of mounts that will tie the sides together and give me room for my steering shaft.