Thread: 4L80E Dropping out of 4th Gear

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by More Power View Post
    You should be able to do a little investigative work to locate a reliable transmission mechanic who won't take advantage of you.
    The 4L60E burned up in my wife's Envoy last month. I was able to locate a local racing shop who specializes in transmissions. I dropped the vehicle off on a Tuesday morning, and had it back in my hands Thursday evening. They rebuilt the tranny faster and cheaper than anyone else, and were able to show me the bad parts, as well as explain the upgraded parts they used. I was very, very pleased with the whole experience. Shifts better than ever, and with the upgraded parts, now the lock-up function works like I expected it to!

Just for future reference, Steve at Cantrell Racing in Joplin, MO is the place to go: (417) 659-8071

Casey
    Last edited by arveetek; 09-01-2016 at 11:52. Reason: Added shop info
    1995 K1500 Tahoe 2 door, 6.5LTD, 4L80E, NP241, 3.42's, 285/75R16 BFG K02's; 1997 506 block; Kennedy OPS harness, gauges, Quick Heat plugs, and TD-Max chip; Dtech FSD on FSD Cooler; vacuum pump deleted, HX35 turbo, Turbo Master, 3.5" Kennedy exhaust, F code intake; dual t/stats, HO water pump, Champion radiator; Racor fuel filter