Fresh change of Delvac 1, and bypass filter at 91k on odometer. Previous change was 68k. Loyal WI to Pierre SD via I90 running at 5-6mph over posted 70 and 75mph speed limits. As usual I had across 20mpg going until I hit the MN line. The speed, the climb up from the River, and the following open terrain and wind hammered me down to where we were down to 17mpg by the time we hit Pierre. I know if I would slow down it would come up dramatically, but with a 10+ hr drive I just want it to end. Besides we'll make it up on the trip home running with the wind right?

Trip home saw Easterly winds. MPG never got a chance to recover much. Sat at 17 pretty much all the way. Once in WI and running under 65mph it started coming back and ended up at 17.4 for the trip.

With 1200 miles on the oil change pull the stick and it still looks like honey. I have a large tune at my disposal with a flip of the switch, but seldom use it these days. A modest 50HP tune gets the call 99% of the time. DIC fuel used and economy is quite accurate with this tune, smoke is non esxistent in most all cases, and it's just nice to drive...