Quote Originally Posted by More Power View Post
How did you determine the repair was epoxy? A welded case might "appear" to have been epoxied, especially if the case had been painted. Just curious...

Jim
Not a problem Jim it was obviously not a weld because when I saw the spot it was a smear. When we (dealership and I) split the case apart it had the same consistency and was obviously "pushed" into the hole. I am not a certified welder but have been around enough and worked with several epoxy compounds such as "unitex" to know the difference.

I had two other mechanics and the shop manager inspect the rebuilt case also they came to the same conclusion and have notified other dealers affliated with the Hendricks name what GM is doing. I elected to reveal the dealership owners because I trust them and have done business with them for years. Although apologetic they said there hands where tied regardless.

This besides the fact I had talked with the engineer at GM who was very familiar with the problem "assured" me on at least two seperate occassions in my conversation with him before I bought the rebuild new tail shaft cases where to replace the ones with holes when rebuilt.

Well see how the warranty works out with the in between old GM and new GM and how Barry Obama plans to honor my warranty should the transfer case fail within the 3 year 100,000 mile warranty