Just an update going on the second week with replacement PMD from the dealer. The truck runs fine. I was also impressed yesterday it was -26C and -38C with the winds. The balzer fired right up without being plugged considering it was parked for 24hrs. I never thought it would of started that easy. I usaully plug it when it's -18C and colder. I also got email back remarq and this it.

Thank you for your interest in our SOL-D Solenoid Driver. Here are the answers to your questions:

"How difficult is it to install and how long?"

The new batch of SOL-D, available in the later part of February, will have a Kennedy Diesel modified wire harness and coupling connector that makes a plug-and-play installation. Estimated installation time is approx. 10-20 minutes.

"Does it come with an electrical connector or do I have to splice the existing electrical wiring harness?"
Please see the above response.

"Where does it bolt on?"
The SOL-D is recommended to be installed on the driver side M8 bolts holding the Upper Dome of the air intake manifold. Please see the picture on our website.

"Can I mount the SOL-D in a different location (e.g. the fire wall)?
If so is the wiring harness long enough to do so?
Sure you can if you use and extension wire harness from Kennedy Diesel. We do not consider necessary to extend the wire harness. The longer the wire harness the higher the electromagnetic radiation (these devices operates in electrical pulses) and radio interference may be higher.

"How long has this Sol-D been on the market?"

The SOL-D has been in testing for over a year, and on the market for 5-6 months.

"What