Quote Originally Posted by TurboDiverArt
That's sort of my feeling. I really don't stomp on it much from a stand still so I don't expect to see much difference. For towing, based on the last rendezvous pull-off, the stock pickup with 3.42 gears pulled the heavy tow trailer in about the same times as a stock truck with lower stock gears so I don't think towing is too much effected.

When you have the 3.42's and the VSS hacked so speed is corrected, is the OD-converter lockup speed raised from 48 to 60 MPH? I guess I just assumed the lockup parameters would stay the same if the VSS were properly set.

Art.
Yes, hacking the VSSB only gives od/lockup @ 60+-.

I have hacked the signal to the vssb from the VSS and the shift points for the 4.10 gearset remained even though gears are now 3.42. However, I get some banging of gears on occasion, I'm thinking this is because I have a shift kit (transgo towing/off road), and the PCM is upgraded with shift mods too. It shifts fast when driven normal, holds gears a little longer when I stomp it.
Looking now at hacking vssb for 3.42 gearset, then modifing the signal from vss for tire changes, this will keep the od/lockup at 55 mph+-.
Keep in mind I have a full tilt 4L80e w/all updates so it may take more of a beating than say a tranny w/shift kit. So, proceed w/caution when hacking just the signal from vss to vssb.