Thread: Finding Air In The Fuel System, A Tutorial!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Big E
    Thanks, I was just about to replace my lift pump and soft lines; this should pin point the problem and save me some time.

-eric
    DOH! DOH! DOH! I just did replace mine
    Toyota FJ62, GM 6.5, 33" Muddies, Dual Lockers.

www.macarthur4wd.net

Guys, what is the proper way to bleed a diesel fuel system??? Air was getting in from somewhere and I think after four days of searching, have now found and hopfully fixed the leaks (a dogey connection to one of the filters and found a crack in a injector return line. Problem now is that no matter how hard I try, I cannot bleed all the air from the system (unless there is another leak, grrrrrrrr).

If I'm still getting air in, apart from replacing all the fuel lines including the returns, I'm buggered if I know where it is coming from.
    Toyota FJ62, GM 6.5, 33" Muddies, Dual Lockers.

www.macarthur4wd.net

Talking bleeding

attach a vacuum type brake bleeding pump to the output side of the fuel filter, works great if mechanical lift pump, electric-don't know, sure saves beating on your starter motor. still no go-you gotta bleed the lines at the injectors.... with the starter. crack'em all loose a turn or 2 then crank until at least a few or all start weeping fuel then retighten and.................