I've been reading like crazy. I'm enjoying every discussion. So, here's my first question. It's not really about Diesel per-se, since almost any diesel question could be answered just by reading through the forum.

Anyway, does anyone have experience with HEHR Power System's Alternators and Regulators? I have a former firetruck with an high-amp and I think the regulator is broken. When I have all the electrical stuff on (Headlights, Wipers, HVAC Blower, Rear A/C Blower, etc.) the Volts drop to 9 or so and everything slows down/dims. When I put up the RPMS it seems to level off and driving down the road is fine. Just idle is a problem. It used to have a high idle that I took out, so perhaps it is just not spinning the Alt fast enough.

It seems to boil down to three possibilities: Bad regulator, bad alternator, or not enough RPMs.

Any suggestions on how I can tell?

I ran across a HEHR marine regulator on ebay for like 20 bucks so I bought it. I don't know if they're interchangeable, but I have that to test with if someone can tell me for sure that I can swap them.

Thanks,
Ryan