Thread: 01 AC Hose

Angry

Somebody mentioned this a while back and I did not get around to checking mine until this past weekend. The hose rests on the heat shield over the turbo. My hose had a hole rubbed nearly all the way through because it was resting on the hot heat shield. It is a good thing it is still in warranty, they told me the hose is $480.00 but did not say what the labor would be. They have to pull the grill to replace it and I don't know what else but sure would hate to have to pay for it.
    Black 2500HD LS Ext Cab Long Box D/A with all the options.

Twas me ...

Mine is still flat but off the turbo heat shield .... Soon to be repaired ... I see no reason to remove grill to replace ...

Also if you check behind passenger side headlight you may see yet anouther ac line rub spot on the rad .... Mine was ...

That price is out of this world ,but I'm sure they must recover and recharge the system when replacing...

Did they upgrade to the newer line like on the 02 03 trucks ??

Mac [img]smile.gif[/img]

They do not have the new hose yet so I do not know what it will look like. I will look for that other rub point befor I take it back in. The hose goes from the accumulator to the compressor and then to the coil in front of the grill. I don't know why they made it all in one piece. If they want to take the grill out to fix it I don't care as long as I don't have to pay for the labor.
    Black 2500HD LS Ext Cab Long Box D/A with all the options.