Well, I've been thinking of a litte "mod" to my dipstick to make reading it easier. This afternoon I was puttering around in the garage getting packed and ready to haul my stuff to Florida in a couple of days. I was freezin' my butt off in my dinky little garage and trying to read that dang dipstick in poor light. So I dug out the cordless drill and a 1/8" bit and fixed that sucker! I drilled a "pocket" about 1/16" deep in each of the notches. Not only does it make the level easy to see, but it also solves the "clean on the stick and dark in the pan" mystery! The oil film on that silvery plug is too thin to show color or level. The oil trapped in the drilled pockets is nice and ambery dark. You *do* have to dip the corner of a rag or paper towel into the pockets to empty them for a recheck, but it works great!! I adjusted my level and then went out to fuel up and when I checked oil again out in the dark in the diesel docks level was clear as a bell without squinting or cursing! This is 10 minutes well spent on an afternoon to make the dipstick readable. I'll try and get a photo up tomorrow.

------------------
Tom Ashley
EMail
PICs
EXCEL SPREADS
2001 DuraMax/Allison 2500HD Silverado LT
Lt Pewter/Graphite Lthr/ Ext Cab/Shrt Box/4x4
Line-X/Century Ultra Cap/ Husky Floorliners
Amsoil 2-Stg Aircleaner /Dual Remote Fltr
Fumoto Oil Drain/ Amsoil 3000 5W30 Syn
American 43gal x-bed aux tank