Quote Originally Posted by More Power View Post
These engines will/should run pretty well without a lift pump, if the fuel injection pump is healthy. There may be some fuel starvation symptoms while under load, but starting/driving/light cruising should be near normal.

Begin troubleshooting a no-start by determining whether the problem is due to a mechanical issue (i.e. timing) or a fuel issue (plugged fuel filter, no fuel in tank, etc.). Usually... almost always... a "no start" doesn't appear suddenly, but comes after a period of time where symptoms pointed to a looming problem. Knowing those symptoms helps in troubleshooting a no start.

My landline doesn't get answered whenever I'm not at the desk. Landlines are pounded by scammers and political calls.

Beyond working on our own stuff many-many times, I've not worked on these engines for others. The Diesel Page is primarily an editorial operation. That said, I've helped many tens of thousands of 6.2/6.5/Duramax owners through the years. Most problems can be solved over the phone or through email... if the owner is willing to accept and act on the advice. There's not a whole lot that can go wrong with the 6.2/6.5 that I haven't heard of or helped with. And, I've been inside the Duramax enough to know a lot of things - not everything, but a lot...

The best way to reach me is through the contact link in my signature. I'll get back to you within 24 hours... usually. But, these forums contain a vast resource for tech and troubleshooting.
Ok thanks for the reply! I’ll let you know what customer wants to do.