I have been in the RV industry for 28 years now. I have never been a fan of bumper-pull toy haulers. The manufacturers have to build the units with an excessive amount of tongue weight when empty, so that by the time you put the "toys" in the back the tongue weight is still enough to tow properly. Obviously, the weight of the toys in the back can be a big variable, and the amount of tongue weight that is offset by the toys is variable. What this means is that if you set the weight distribution hitch up when the trailer was empty, it will have to be completely readjusted when loaded. I have even encountered the situation (multiple times) where the toys in the back left too little of tongue weight, and no WD hitch on the market would make it tow correctly (short of the Hensley Arrow or Pro Pride hitch which costs many $$$). Adjusting the weight in the trailer forward was the only solution. This can be difficult to do depending on the garage area of the toy hauler and what is being loaded in the back.

5th wheel toy haulers don't suffer from this problem, since they have a lot more pin weight that is directly over the axle of the tow vehicle.

I'm glad you were able to get your rig towing well again!

Casey