Thread: My 93 K2500

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default My 93 K2500

Hello all. I thought I'd post up some pics of my most recent 6.5 truck. Its a 93 K2500 with 160k on it that I traded a lawnmower for about 6 months ago. The engine was taken apart, as it had suffered a blown head gasket. I went threw the engine, giving it a new set of Mahle rings, rod bearings, oil pump, timing chain, gaskets, etc... The cooling system was upgraded with a late 130 gph water pump, 9 blade steel fan, and modded HD fan clutch. A couple months ago the turbo was upgraded to a HX35/40 hybrid with a CKO 14cm turbine housing, and a genuine Holset compressor, and wheel. Then a 31x12x3 intercooler was installed, as well as a Peninsular upper intake. The current DB2 IP has had the fuel screw turned up, and the injectors are new Bosch N/A units. I have an extra injection pump in the shop at the moment being modified for additional fuel, as well as a set of injectors being built with genuine Bosch Germany 311 nozzles, and popped at 2200 psi. The truck has been loads of fun, and while I owned 3 others in the past, I didn't realize how much stronger they could be with a few well selected modifications. While it still has nowhere near the power the newest diesels have, its certainly on par with the earlier D Max's, Cummins, and Powerstrokes. The truck is no beauty queen, but its a great work truck, and pulls a trailer fantastic. Thanks

I have quite a few pics, so it will take a couple posts to get them all.

Matt
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1993 K2500, 8600gvwr, 4x4, 6.5 TD (F Code), 4L80E, GU6 3.42, G80 Gov Lock. HX35/40 hybrid Turbo, 31"x12"x3" CAC, Peninsular upper intake, IP turned up 3/8 turn, 130gph water pump, 9 blade steel fan, with modified fan clutch for early engage. Diamond Eye 3" DP, with homemade 4" exhaust.