Quote Originally Posted by convert2diesel View Post
90% of the issues with B100 is the quality. ASTM standard B100 actually extends the life of the entire system. The electronic DS4s had an issue with fuel clarity and caused some wonky issues with the sensors depending on what the original feedstock was. Soy based was darker and the Canola based fuel actually has a red tinge to it. The optical sensors at times got confused.

Guaranteed, the injector issues were water and or filter related. Again if the methanol was not washed out completely, the fuel will suck up water like a sponge and you want at least 5 micron or better filters.

I made my own fuel for about 4 years and never had an issue with 3 vehicles, 2 6.2s with mechanical pumps and an aging Mercedes 5 cylinder. Even extended the life of a fubarred db2 for another 30,000 miles by using B100. But than again, I was very anal about fuel quality and making sure the process went to completion, and all batches were carefully de-meth'd and washed. Pain in the neck, but could produce about 3,000 gals a year (also fed my oil furnace and hot water heater with the stuff) for about 1/4 of the cost of #2.

Bill
Yes this is very true if they wanted to commercially use bio they make sure the quality is perfect it would replace #2 which would be bad for oil...