When beginning a project as complex as a Duramax conversion, it's helpful as you work through the project to use checklists, and then concentrate on one or just a few steps at a time. A person can become bogged-down and discouraged when contemplating the entirety of the project. Again, just concentrating on a few steps at a time helps to keep you focused, and allows you to see and measure progress in real terms.

When Lil Red was still in the planning stages, and later while actually working through the conversion, I created many lists that I used to help keep me focused. Shown below is just one of those lists (yes, I kept them all). Some of the lists, notes and hand-drawn diagrams were later refined and then included the "Duramax Conversion Guide". Aside from helping me as the conversion was taking shape, some of this information could be helpful if a problem appears months/years later. Knowing the details can aid in troubleshooting.

When taken as bite-size chunks, the project becomes more doable for most people. And a list helps to keep you focused....

Jim