Thread: Lil Red - Duramax 6600/Allison 1000 Conversion & OBS/NBS Dash Conversion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Talking Update 3-21-2024 - Diesel Performance!

This video was produced some years ago, before diesel performance programming could produce power without smoke and while tires were a bit less expensive than they are now. Mind you, something similar to what's shown here can be seen today on nearly any performance automotive cable program or related Youtube channel. So... Lil Red hasn't produced smoke in years and tires are currently viewed as a more longer term investment...

Except for imagining vvrrrooommm sounds, there is no audio. However, no pedestrians or cute bunnies were harmed in the making of this film.

The following image was shot a few months after the above video was taken, only this time I was using a KennedyDiesel.com EFI-Live program that allowed the truck to dyno 500-rwhp. As you can see, there is no visible smoke shown here at the beginning of a 1/4-mile run.

I was likely using a Van-Aaken performance module when the smokey burnout video was made. I liked that in-line module when used at lower power (no smoke) settings, and I used it for years in my 2001 GMC Duramax crew cab where it could smoothly produce more than 400 rwhp without smoke.

Back in the early days of the Duramax I answered a few emails from young guys who wanted ideas for how to get their truck to produce more smoke... I tried to discourage the idea...
    Last edited by More Power; 04-03-2024 at 10:13.