Thread: Lil Red - Duramax 6600/Allison 1000 Conversion & OBS/NBS Dash Conversion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post 4/1/2024 Update - Checklists

When beginning a project as complex as a Duramax conversion, it's helpful as you work through the project to use checklists, and then concentrate on one or just a few steps at a time. A person can become bogged-down and discouraged when contemplating the entirety of the project. Again, just concentrating on a few steps at a time helps to keep you focused, and allows you to see and measure progress in real terms.

When Lil Red was still in the planning stages, and later while actually working through the conversion, I created many lists that I used to help keep me focused. Shown below is just one of those lists (yes, I kept them all). Some of the lists, notes and hand-drawn diagrams were later refined and then included the "Duramax Conversion Guide". Aside from helping me as the conversion was taking shape, some of this information could be helpful if a problem appears months/years later. Knowing the details can aid in troubleshooting.

When taken as bite-size chunks, the project becomes more doable for most people. And a list helps to keep you focused....

Jim

Post 4/2/2024 - More Magazine Coverage

Here's an article I wrote for the 2007 issue of Diesel World magazine (involving Lil Red), which wraps up a discussion we were having at the time about Duramax Diesel performance - performance that didn't require tons of money, was relatively easy to do and didn't involve a lot of modification. The actual dyno performance data is included here too.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    Jim Bigley
    Last edited by More Power; 04-03-2024 at 08:55.