Thread: Lil Red - Duramax 6600/Allison 1000 Conversion & OBS/NBS Dash Conversion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I was curious about the 100hp been thinking it might be on my bucket list
    I'm sure John removes the speed cap too. My son had a 6.0 built and we were on the way to Winimucka from Carlin NV he dropped back about 5 truck lengths and nailed it. When he got up to me I nailed mine. matched his speed, then started pulling away. Up till I hit 94 and the computer started de-fueling my foot
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government."
    -Patrick Henry

A5150nut
    2006 K3500 D/A
    94 6.5 4x4 5spd Sold

Quote Originally Posted by a5150nut View Post
    I was curious about the 100hp been thinking it might be on my bucket list
    I'm sure John removes the speed cap too. My son had a 6.0 built and we were on the way to Winimucka from Carlin NV he dropped back about 5 truck lengths and nailed it. When he got up to me I nailed mine. matched his speed, then started pulling away. Up till I hit 94 and the computer started de-fueling my foot
    I haven't pushed things too far with the latest programming. I seem to remember talking with John about the engine rpm and vehicle speed limit settings. I asked for 4000-rpm as the programmed max engine speed, and we talked about removing any sort of programmed vehicle speed limiter. So, with an engine rpm limit currently at 4k, and with 2000-rpm currently producing 80-mph, the theoretical vehicle speed limit is.... a little scary. I've not tested the theoretical. I heard once that "there are old pilots and there are bold pilots. But, there are no old-bold pilots."
    Last edited by More Power; 03-15-2024 at 11:30.