Thread: Leaking Hose?

Default Leaking Hose?

Noticed that I have a hose at the power steering pump leaking and need to take the truck in to the dealer for warrenty. I showed the wife so she could point it out when she took it in and while pointing it out to her I noticed that this hose terminates at the brake fluid resiovore at the fire wall. What does that hose do?
    Randy
    2011 Chevy 2500HD LML
    Red with Dark Cashmer Light Cashmer
    Superglide 5th wheel hitch
    Bed Rug
    Jack Rabbit Full Metal Jacket bed cover
    Aries 4" oval step rails

LBZ now lives in Wisc.

Provides pressurized (power steering) fluid for power brake function. Remember, no vaccuum in diesels, so no vaccuum assist brakes like most cars employ...
    2011 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.3L daily driver
    • Previous owner of two 1994 6.5L K3500s, '01, '02, and '05 6.6L K2500s, '04 C4500, '06 K3500 dually, '06 K3500 SRW, '09 K3500HD SRW, '05 Denali
    • Total GM diesel miles to date : ~950K

What I suspected, and all the more reason to replace soon. Probably not a good idea to lose power steering and brakes while coming down a 6% grade with a 14,000lb fifth wheel tied to your arse end.
    Randy
    2011 Chevy 2500HD LML
    Bed Rug
    Aries 4" oval step rails

LBZ now lives in Wisc.

Arrow

Some seepage at the hose/line connections is common, and not usually a reason to be alarmed. Catastrophic failure is extremely rare. Leaks at the fittings can usually be stopped by R/R and proper torque of the fitting. A repair is in order, but unless it is dripping, not alarming.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

My comment was somewhat in jest but one never knows when the Black Bean may turn up. My luck is far from phenomenal anyway! As for the condition of the hose; it leaks enough so that the turbo tube below is covered.
    randy
    2011 Chevy 2500HD LML
    Bed Rug
    Aries 4" oval step rails

LBZ now lives in Wisc.

Arrow

That sounds like more than just seepage. I suggest repairing ASAP. It's covered under your B to B warranty, if you still have that available.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

No doubt; wife was going to Austin this week on business but looks like a cancellation now, would have been good timing,but.... Seems hard to find the time to take a vehical to the dealership anymore; life has gotten way too hectic, reason I take care of truck warrenty issues many times myself, same as with our fifth wheel trailer. At least you have some assurance is done right; but this I think probably needs to go to the dealer so we'll have to find time and most definately before the first of Sept. when we will be going back to Colo. after the first game of the season for the Texas Tech Red Raiders who will be the NCAA Champions this year. Poor Aggies, Longhorns, and Sooners.
    Randy
    2011 Chevy 2500HD LML
    Bed Rug
    Aries 4" oval step rails

LBZ now lives in Wisc.