Thread: Additional fuel filtration / injector replacement poll

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

1. 2002 Chev 2500HD ECLB 4X4 purchased new in November of 2001.

2. LB7

3. Purchased Cat base and Cat 1R-029 filter in July of 2003 but horror of horrors did not install until June of 2007 at 69,151 miles and 2,024 hours. Currently have 91,704 miles and 2,655 hours. I use Kennedy’s fuel pressure gauge to determine when to change filters. So far, Cat filter needs to be changed at about 300 hours. Wix 33910 filters in OEM location looked new. I cut open the filters when removed. As soon as I get home, I will check fuel pressure again and change just the Cat filter and recheck the fuel pressure to determine if the OEM filter needs to be changed. When I exhaust my current supply of Wix 33910 filters, I will change to the new OEM filter. I try to never let my 56 gallon fuel tank get below half full.

4. Still have original injectors.
    2002 2500HD ExtCab LB 4X4 LT D/A

2009 1-ton extended cab.
    Don't plan on doing anything except add lubricity agent to the fuel and regular OEM filter changes.

I fuel from my bulk tank, and logic dictates that if I were put a high-efficiency filter anywhere... it would be at the pump. At least that's my thinking.

2009 GMC SLT 3500 Xtended Cab 6.6L
    Lubricated By Rotella T-6 and Amsoil EAO52 Filter

The Suburban:
    Changed injectors, presumably because it had been sitting for a while in our DRY weather. Engine has a little less than 100K by what I can tell from dealer info & extrapolating the tag info before it was wrecked.
    Stock filter(DELCO only),& I added an old Raccor 500 10 micron (I think)like we used on the 5.7L & 6.2L(BOY, that was FUN!!!) I don't have the room that the later ones have. Nothing in it after 5K. It's before the main filter. I try to buy fuel where I think they will have a high turnover.
    Gordon Marks
    Tampa, FL (Valrico, FL actually)
    99 Suburban C2500 W/LB7
    55 Series 1 3600
    33 Chevy 4dr street Rod
    64 Biscayne 409 NSS
    "10.81@124.65"]10.81@124.65 3920lbs.
    gordon@marksair.com

See below for filtration installed (installed within 10,000 miles of new in both cases). I just had someone check my injectors with a TECH 2 on the 03 since the 7 year warranty is expiring. The check showed that the injectors (return rate, etc.) are right on the money.
    1) '03 GMC 2500HD Dmax/Ali Ext/Short 4x4; 4" exhaust, egt and boost gauges; exhaust brake; Bilsteins; BD exhaust manifold; Oil Guard bypass; Lubrication pre oem fuel filter; Tekonsha Prodigy; Mag-Hytec differential cover; Suncoast V transmission w/deep oil sump
    2) '07 Classic GMC 2500HD Dmax/Ali Ext/Short 4x4'; Bilsteins, Silastic shackles, BD exhaust manifold; Oil Guard bypass; Lubrication pre oem fuel filter; Tekonsha Prodigy; Federico sway bars; Dipricol boost and egt gauges; Transgo Jr,, Mag-Hytec differential and transmission pan

Quote Originally Posted by WyoDutch View Post
    2009 1-ton extended cab.
    Don't plan on doing anything except add lubricity agent to the fuel and regular OEM filter changes.

I fuel from my bulk tank, and logic dictates that if I were put a high-efficiency filter anywhere... it would be at the pump. At least that's my thinking.
    Good logic indeed. Add a good dessicant breather/filter on the vent also. 99% of my fuel comes from my storage tank these days. If I make a long trip I add my 90 gallon aux tank which usually gets me home.

FPPF Total Power in all fuel run through this tank. I buy Amoco Premier straight #2 non winterized whenever possible. I usually end up with a load of #2 winterized each year, but if I can I buy straight up and treat myself.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Hey bigchev what kind of turbo do you run and what brand of tranny do you have?