I aquired an almost complete turbo setup off a 93 6.5. After bidding on many banks setups that went for more that I really wanted to spend, I came across this setup for a lot less. I had already determined that the older style banks setup would put the turbo where I wouldn't want it in the 79 f 150 so had kind of planned on a late style setup if I bought a new Banks kit. ( I had thought about buying new at one time) I have had this truck since it was new and always hated ford 400's. I get blasted every time I say that on ford truck forums. You can imagine the responce I got when I mentioned 6.2 on their sites. I have always thought these were the perfect engines for light trucks to pull snowmobiles or a 20' boat. Anything that weighs more, thats what I have semi's for! I have spent a lot of time planning this and now have accumulated almost everything I need so I just need to find the time between irrigating and cultivating.
I hope to run this on biodiesel when it is done. We have 100 acres of sunflowers planted and our press should be delivered next week. I built the transesterfication unit already. Time will tell
Thanks for the interest
Craig