Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Detroit Diesel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default DD 8v92TA

Hi, I'm new and my name is nick. I eventually dream of putting a 500hp DD 8v92TA in an f450 or 500. Am I outta my mind or is it possible? How would I trick the truck computer into not freaking out with an older enigne? Would I have to extend the frame and engine compartment?

Arrow

I'd begin by finding the length, width, height and weight for the DD. Then compare that to the engine compartment dimensions available in the truck. Somewhere on the net you could likely discover the front axle weight rating for the truck. This'll give you an idea about whther the weight might be an issue or if it'll work fine.

Welcome to the board!

Jim

Length: 48", width: 39", height: 52". Weight: 2500lbs. I've tried to find the axle ratings and engine compartment sizes, but no luck.

Question 1975 k30

I am new to this site but I have a 1975 k30 dually I purchased without a engine it is a single cab I want to swap a 4-71 dd into it and a rto910 ten speed. I saw that gophergunner has done this swap but I need more info on what all he had todo to make engine and trans fit. I'm not building a show truck just a weekend haul truck to pull a 35 foot gooseneck and my pulling tractors to the tractor pulls. Any info would be great.

Default tdh 4519 " Smokey "

This is my first post, I'm hoping to gain information on my x Oregon transit bus. 1967 tdh 4519.
    Its the 6v-71, automatic v drive.
    I found this site by general search, would be great to learn more than I have been able to on my own.
    I'm considering installing an auxiliary (2nd) drive train (engine, trans and dually axle)
    Out of a 78 winnebago that has a 440.
    The Detroit setup is in the rear, I would install the gas setup as a mid engine.
    Thoughts anyone?
    I'm curious about structure, this bus seems a lot like a unibody vw bus x10