Thread: Dual Climate control?

Default Dual Climate control?

Does the Manual Dual Climate Control on the SLE1 really have independent heat adjustment or does it simply mean that I can sort of close the vents on the driver side while the heat is on? My wife's always freezing and I'm always sweating so the dual climate control is critical on getting a new truck, just want to make sure I can accomplish it with a SLE1 or if I need a SLE2 or higher.
    07 GMC 2500HD Classic 4x4 SB CC Duramax
    94 GMC 1500 Z71 EC - 175k miles and going strong
    Previous Truck:
    01 Chevy 3500 CC 4x4 Duramax DRW

Default Cold right side

Do a search on this site. It seems to me that the 01's and 02's had that problem... cold passenger side.

My problem is the opposite: She's always opening the window and I'm always freezing, so I don't know if this'll help you...

As far as I can tell, the two temp controls independantly control the mixing of hot and cold air for their respective sides. It works; it's just not automatic.

Wonder what the auto version does if one selects real cold and one selects real hot? Half AC?
    The Constitution needs to be re-read, not re-written!

If you can't handle Dr. Seuss, how will you handle real life?

Current oil burners: MB GLK250 BlueTEC, John Deere X758
    New ride: MB GLS450 - most stately
    Gone but not forgotten: '87 F350 7.3, '93 C2500 6.5, '95 K2500 6.5, '06 K2500HD 6.6, '90 MB 350SDL, Kubota 7510

Default Yes it works!

Quote Originally Posted by kburati
    Does the Manual Dual Climate Control on the SLE1 really have independent heat adjustment or does it simply mean that I can sort of close the vents on the driver side while the heat is on? My wife's always freezing and I'm always sweating so the dual climate control is critical on getting a new truck, just want to make sure I can accomplish it with a SLE1 or if I need a SLE2 or higher.
    I can have the AC blowing cold on my side, and she can have HEATed AC on her side. It works pretty well at the dash vents. I don't get much of any heat out of the floor vent. I really should take it back to the dealer. I'm comfy but my feet get cold!
    Scott
    St. Louis, MO

'06 Silverado K2500 4x4 Crew Cab D/A "Big Max" AmpResearch retractable Running Boards, 4" Turbo back Kennedy Exhaust, Kennedy Custom Tune!
    '99 BMW K1200LT "Special K" my other "SUV"
    '07 Salem by Forest River Fifth Wheel Toy Hauler