Thread: Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel - Regs & Discussion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm not sure if it was covered but the ultra low sulfur diesel does have a lubricating additive that is put into it before transfer to truck racks. I work in the automation industry and have aided in the installation of these "lubricity" skids. The additive is added when the diesel comes into tankage from the pipeline. Unfortunately I don't know exactly what the additive is, but I will do more checking to see what I can find out about it. Most of the skids I have worked on are in California, Arizona, and Nevada. Hope this helps.

I was at my fuel jobber's yesterday. He showed me his latest bill of laden, and it showed where his distributer had added lubicity to the present load of fuel and he said they will continue to do it when the Ultra takes over. He made it plain that his customers doesn't need to add lubricity anymore.
    My Baby - 1990 GMC 1500 Ext Cab Sierra 4X4 6.2L TH 700R4 145,585 miles. Synthetic Shell Rotella T. Sony In-Dash Stereo /w DVD & XM Radio.
    Wife's Daily Driver - 85 Caddy /w 4100 V8 Gasser.
    Please don't make me own a gas burner again.

Smile ultralow fuels

thanks!" all " for the input; yes that sure is a home brew .
    i also use Bio most of the time; seems to work quite well. Guess one should stick with Bio at least till all this gets ironed out!

Default Ulsd

All,

Well, to protect my prized possession from the EPA mandated ruination of diesel fuel, I am taking the 2-Stroke additive route. Went to Walmart and bought a gallon of their Super Tech 2 Stroke TC-W3. Some here are putting 2 ounces per 16 gallons of fuel. I am trying 8 ounces per 16 gallons of fuel and will let you all know of the results, positive or negative. Any comments?

Thanks,
    MM821

would a "hard parts" ip be affected by the lack of lube in ulsd?

Arrow

The recent article we produced on the ULSD and the new emissions systems contains a discussion about 1982 to present GM diesel fuel injection systems.

Jim

Talking

Sounds like the stuff we went thru when all of the gas went from leaded to unleaded. We had to buy lead subsitute's. Until the valve seats were changed.
    Gee I wonder if somebody sells sulfur sustitute ?