Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will there be a Duramax Suburban?

Quote Originally Posted by Buck
    I hate it when people say Toyota is built in the US, it's American....so what the bottom line goes back to Japan. I would drive a Ford before a Toyota.
    I usually answer to Todd
    ----------------------------------
    2005 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 DRW - 6.6L LLY/Allison 5 Speed | LT | EC | LB |
    2006 Tow Mirrors, 2006 Silverado SRW Tail Lights.

1989 GMC C7000 TopKick Pickup Truck - 3208T Caterpillar/Eaton-Fuller 6 Speed
    Sierra Classic Interior, 1987 Dually Bed.
    Custom Built by Mike Powell

Quote Originally Posted by More Power
    If Ford began offering a new diesel SUV, GM would soon follow. They already have the diesel programs, they already have the engines, they already have the prototypes. They just need a little corporate will - in my opinion. So do Ford and Dodge.
    Except that Ford already did that with the diesel Excursion and GM, well, did nothing.

Sigh. I'd trade my '02 2500HD in for a GMT-900 Suburban/Yukon XL with a diesel motor right now.

- Mark
    '02 Sierra 2500HD D/A 4x4 CC SWB, Kelderman Air Ride rear suspension, Bilsteins, Westin step bars, Hawk HP SuperDuty brake pads, Tekonsha Prodigy, Line-X, 265/75-16 Michelin LTX M/S -- Truck Pics

Race car:
    http://www.justracing.com/homepage/mdadgar

Quote Originally Posted by STPETEBLUE
    Amen... I refuse to buy Japanese Imports, People always try to tell me "Made in America" blah blah blah... like the Nissan Plant in Smyrna, TN (near where my dad lives). They just laid off a bunch of employees (in america) because the economy wasn't so good (in japan).

So, as was previously stated before: "Who cares if it's made in america, if the bottom line goes to japan?"
    2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab (Dark Blue Metallic) 4x4 w/ LBZ, 3LT trim package (Leather, XM, ON-star) - Banks Six Gun with PowerPDA... Purchased 6/29/06 - 46000 miles
    2001 GMC Sierra 1500 Banana Yellow Xcab w/ 5.3L, 110k miles riding on 20" chrome rims & 295/55 Goodyear Eagle LS Tires, ~14-16mpg city

Except that Ford already did that with the diesel Excursion and GM, well, did nothing.
    The Excursion has been on the knife edge of elimination from day one. GM has been watching... The vehicle is too large, and not fuel efficient enough to secure its place in the market. In general, while guys like the idea of a Superduty family wagon, soccer moms aren't into the big-n-tall long-n-wide diesel mall cruisers. A V-6 diesel Expedition would be a lot more popular.... As would a Tahoe or Yukon.

Jim