Thread: Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel - Regs & Discussion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks Jim, sounds like I'm covered with the 10% bio, and Camping World had the Stanadyne Performance Formula in stock, and I am now the proud owner of 17 bottles.... So with that and the Bio I'm not gonna sweat it. Again thanks for the info, good reading.
    JP
    Jeff

"But officer, I ain't Speedin', I'm just flyin' low"

2001 Silverado 3500 Dually LS Ext Cab, 6.6L Diesel, Banks Stinger Kit, 4" Exhaust, VR Straps, Bilstein shocks, 255/85/16 BFG KM2s
    2004 Suburban 2500 LT 6.0L 4x4, Bilstein Shocks, Federico front/rear sway bars
    1996 Caprice 5.7L LT1, B4U Suspension, KYB shocks & Hotchkis sway bars, BMR RCA - alas I miss ya.
    2013 Caprice PPV 6.0L

Default diesel fuel future

thanks for the information on the new low sulfer fuels ;Jim . been using 2cycle oil and diesel service mixed together on the 6.5 and now on the 6.6 ;put in about 1/2 pint perfill . noproblems yet , 155000 on '96 6.5 and 98000 on 01 6.6 . wonder if this will be sufficent for low sulfer! Keep up the good work!

Arrow

There's no way of knowing what effect a fuel treatment might have on fuel lubricity without an HFRR (High Frequency Reciprocating Rig) test that the industry is using to determine fuel lubricity. The fuel treatment manufacturers have the money and incentive to conduct these tests, but the home brewers out there are basing their opinion on hunches. My guess would be that a mix ratio for diesel fuel and 2-cycle oil (used in a 2006 model year diesel or older) would be in the range of 200 to 500:1. But that's just a guess.

Don't use any sort of oil in the new 2007 model year diesel powered vehicles as a fuel treatment. The cats and soot traps would likely be damaged as a result.

Buy commercially available B2 (2% bio-diesel) and not worry about it.....

Jim

I'm not sure if it was covered but the ultra low sulfur diesel does have a lubricating additive that is put into it before transfer to truck racks. I work in the automation industry and have aided in the installation of these "lubricity" skids. The additive is added when the diesel comes into tankage from the pipeline. Unfortunately I don't know exactly what the additive is, but I will do more checking to see what I can find out about it. Most of the skids I have worked on are in California, Arizona, and Nevada. Hope this helps.

I was at my fuel jobber's yesterday. He showed me his latest bill of laden, and it showed where his distributer had added lubicity to the present load of fuel and he said they will continue to do it when the Ultra takes over. He made it plain that his customers doesn't need to add lubricity anymore.
    My Baby - 1990 GMC 1500 Ext Cab Sierra 4X4 6.2L TH 700R4 145,585 miles. Synthetic Shell Rotella T. Sony In-Dash Stereo /w DVD & XM Radio.
    Wife's Daily Driver - 85 Caddy /w 4100 V8 Gasser.
    Please don't make me own a gas burner again.

Smile ultralow fuels

thanks!" all " for the input; yes that sure is a home brew .
    i also use Bio most of the time; seems to work quite well. Guess one should stick with Bio at least till all this gets ironed out!

Default Ulsd

All,

Well, to protect my prized possession from the EPA mandated ruination of diesel fuel, I am taking the 2-Stroke additive route. Went to Walmart and bought a gallon of their Super Tech 2 Stroke TC-W3. Some here are putting 2 ounces per 16 gallons of fuel. I am trying 8 ounces per 16 gallons of fuel and will let you all know of the results, positive or negative. Any comments?

Thanks,
    MM821