Thread: D Max Express Fuel Mileage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I am coming up on 10,000 miles soon and so far I have a worst tank of 17.2 and a best of 22.5
    The best was a trip up north on the highway and rural NH back roads which average 45-50 mph. I seem to average 17-19 depending on how much highway I get on my daily travels. I have not had a complete tank of just highway miles to see what it could do but I bet it would be better.
    I ran it on the dyno to see where it stands, Janety Racing, with a 216.6rwhp and a 393.1rwtq.
    1998 6.5 2500 4X4 dynatrac pro 60, ARB, 35"BFG's
    06 D Max Express 5"MBRP EFI live

Cool About the RWHP and RWT numbers. After summer hit, I haven't checked milage again.

BUT.... am very unhappy with the gasoline to diesel fuel price ratio. Yesterday, $2.39 for regular and $3.09 for diesel.

NOT GOOD.

$2.39 man thats like free,,,,,in ct its still well over $3.00 for unleaded but I just got diesel for $3.11. I just filled the express again with 700mi on the odometer and this tank I 16.03mpg which I think is pretty good considering the way I drive and the load it carries(HVAC service van)

Now gas is about $2.15 a gallon and diesel is $2.50 to 2.89 a gallon. I suspect low sulpher fuel raised the price, but...... I just bought a ford focus for generalized running around and drive van or bucket truck on service calls only. In fact, I am moving the bucket 100miles away and parking it and driving focus to and from. Imagine.. a corporate owned focus for a light service vehicle.

Diesel is killing me compared to gas these days. Would NOT have the bucket truck (C4500) any other way, but this may be first and last diesel van.