Thread: Need A/C hose from 80's Suburban

Default Need A/C hose from 80's Suburban

I did a dumb thing. After doing some work on my Suburban, I forgot to secure the A/C hose which comes from the compressor, across the front of the engine, and then goes into a T before branching to the front and rear A/C. The hose dropped down, got into the alternator belt, and rubbed a hole clear through the hose. I parked the Suburban at work to hear a hissing noise, which was all the freon leaking out.

Anyone got a hose assembly from a junk Suburban they'd be willing to let go for a reasonable price? Mine is an '83 but I suppose the assembly from many 80's years would work.

Thanks.

Bob
    '83 1/2-ton Suburban 4wd 6.2 N/A 700R4 3.73 axles 31" tires

I can't help you with the parts. but can offer advice.
    I think there are two versions of a/c hoses (actually four) for the Suburban, as you stated you have rear a/c and there would be one for without rear air, but there were two different compressors used during the production.
    The early trucks used the A-6 compressor then GM changed to the DA-6 compressor.
    Did you try to lookup a A/C repair shop and see if you can just replace the hose?, I have replaced a/c hoses using the original fittings.
    William

97 Chevy Tahoe 2Dr 6.5 Kennedy Exhaust Pipes w/Homemade Resonator and Flowmaster Muffler, Turbo Tech intercooler and Kennedy/Westers computer
    01 Sunline 2363 Travel Trailer

NAPA usually carries hose splices for AC hose. It usually works good until the rest of the hose deteriorates.
    white '93 K2500 started it all..
    red '94 K3500 old faithful
    black '93 K3500 daily driver
    '83 G20 conversion van
    '74 C65 truck diesel conversion...

Thanks for the info. I did not know there were two compressors used in those years. I thought of having a hose made, but this is the one that goes to the back of the compressor, and seems to contain both the high and low side lines, plus on the suction like there's an embedded T where the return lines from both evaporators connect. I'm thinking than an A/C shop wouldn't be able to make such a complex assembly.

I thought about splicing it. I had an old Ranger that had hose clamps on the suction hose and it worked fine. I'll check out NAPA also to see what they offer.

Thanks.

Bob
    '83 1/2-ton Suburban 4wd 6.2 N/A 700R4 3.73 axles 31" tires

they really had 3 if it only had front air it could be the little pancake compressor the r4
    Ray
    1994 3500 HD Rollback steel bed and a 6.5 turbo
    1990 3500 Rollback with gas for now waiting 4, 6.2
    1994 3500 wrecker twin line and a 6.5 turbo
    1985 surburban with a non turbo 6.5