Thread: Transmission fluid

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    LanduytG Guest

I called tech today to find out the status of the Amsoil ATF for the Allison. It does meet all the TES-295 spec and can be used. But for those that have the Allsion exstended warranty it still has not been approved. It is however in the process of being approved by Allison. As wheel all know the wheels of progress move slowly.
    Greg

Default 2006 and newer

Require Dex VI, I use the AMSOIL. No problems, actually shift's smoother. The Dex VI gells at -20 and colder
    2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD
    Duramax LBZ, 6-Speed Automatic 4X4
    Edge Juice w/Attitude, S&B Air Intake, MBRP Cool Duals (turbo back)

I too use Amsoil and it does a great job. Like others have said smoother shifts and a quality oil for the temps that mine indures in the deserts towing my toybox each summer.
    [CENTER]2005 Silverado 4X4 CC LB LLY [/CENTER]
    [CENTER]Air Lift Bags, [COLOR=black]Amsoil F2B[/COLOR], KB IOH Kit, BD Manifold, Fumoto Valve, PCV Reroute, Resonator Plugged, Mag-Hytec Diff Cover & Trans Pan, PPE X STD, 4" SS Magnaflow Kitty Ran Off[/CENTER]

[CENTER][URL="http://www.duramaxfilters.com"]www.duramaxfilters.com[/URL][/CENTER]

I have a built DTT tranny and i use the amsoil Torque drive not the atf is that a problem? What grade of oil do you guys run? 15 40