Thread: cabin filter

Cool

i had the dealer change the oil and asked them to check the cabin filter and they said it did not have one. are they right? its a 2001 2500 hd 8.1 5 speed allison 4x4 with L.T. trim dave p
    2001 2500 hd. long box, club cab, LT. trim 373 rear end 8.1 gas engine 4x4, allison transmission

---------

Yes

Look under the passenger side of the dash. Ask others and do a search for pics.

Burner

Thumbs up

just a tip from a not to pleseant experience, if you do have one and your unit is covered with a plastic housing that runs from wall to wall, it will be held in place by 3 screws, strongly recommend you loosen, do not remove the left (nearest to the center of the vehicle), took mine out and have never been able to get it back in ........ Jim
    \'02 3500 CC HD 4X4 LT D/A, Charcoal Gray Metallic,Juice 4.61, Loaded from end to end and most places in between

Red face

JEBar, I'm with you. That same darn screw took 80% of the time to change those 2 filter. Just about gave up, but was afaid it would rattle me into the funny farm. Just as a side note, the stealer told me that there was only one filter under there so for that 40 bucks I would have 2 changes. Shows what they know. I guess they never read their own manuals.
    02 2500HD LT Dmax/Alli CC 4x4 Lt Pewter, Tan in, Amsoil, transynd, Bilsteins, Amsoil Air Filt, JK 4\" Exht, RollnLock, Rhino Liner, Remote start, alarm, High Idle, SPA DG211, Pred, Mega, Fumoto, Remote oil bypass, XL Tranny cooler, XM, Cell kit

The stealer would figure it out I would hope when they open the box and find two filters ....... CF 104-AC 52485513....All right maybe....

MAC

[ 10-20-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

Guess what [img]tongue.gif[/img] Napa has figured it out! They take the "two" filters and repackage them into "two" boxes. The nerve !

I guess it just burns me.. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Burner
    2003 GMC SLT CC 4x4 SB-Cooper Tires-Speed Liner-Activator II-Full length ICI SS step bars B&W Goose & more to come
    -- Member #7527
    E-Mail --&gt;Twomuchplay(at)AOL(dot)com

In my $10 operators manual it states that if you do not have air conditioning there isnt a filter.

I had the same problem with that 3rd screw, it is now a spare part.
    GMC 2002 DURAMAX, SLT, EXCAB SHORT BOX 2500HD, 4X4, AUTO
    ACCESS TONNEAU COVER, 3" STAINLESS TUBE STEPS
    JORDAN BRAKE CONTROLLER
    34ft 10,000 lb TRAILER, 50 GAL TRANSFERE FLOW TANK (total 76 gals)

Angry

If you don't have A/C then you don't have the filters. The owners manual does not show the big black covering that must be removed first. This cover is on all LS and LT models but not on base I think. After the cover is removed, there is an L-shaped bracket with a screw towards the firewall that must be removed. When you remove the bracket you might want to have a cover over you floor because alot of trash and leaves are sure to fall. There are two filters in there side-by-side. I bought the filters from a dealership and they both come in one box. The screws on the cover are difficult on the hump side.

Hm. I'm gonna have to double-check. I only recall there being one filter in my truck.

Of note, I didn't want to spend the dealer amt for the filters, so I put in an off-brand. After me getting headaches and my buddy feeling nausiated, I took out that single filter and put in a single GM filter (in the box of 2). I'm sticking with the GM stuff for this.

Also of note, no problems with that 3rd screw. When putting that plastic housing back on, I just started with that one, then put in the other 2 that were easy to get at. Piece of cake.

--Rob
    2002 GMC K2500HD D/A SLE SB EC<br />Banks Stinger TLC System, exhaust brake<br />Lucerix mirrors<br />Deep Allison trans. pan, TransSynd<br />Armaguarded box<br />Hijacker 5th wheel hitch<br />Redline TA 1200 brake controller<br />LT265/75R16 Cooper Discoverer A/T 10-ply tires

Ryeguy,
    There really are two filters in there you have to reach way back towards the engine compartment to retrieve the second filter.
    I didn't have any problems with the screws either.
    2001 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 D/A LS Ext. Cab LB

Found the other filter (forward of the one that falls out). Trez dirty. Glad it's changed now. Thanks!

--Rob
    2002 GMC K2500HD D/A SLE SB EC<br />Banks Stinger TLC System, exhaust brake<br />Lucerix mirrors<br />Deep Allison trans. pan, TransSynd<br />Armaguarded box<br />Hijacker 5th wheel hitch<br />Redline TA 1200 brake controller<br />LT265/75R16 Cooper Discoverer A/T 10-ply tires

Any of you that has changed the AC filters have the big floor console? And if so, is it in the way?

I have 8600 miles on ole Betsy now, and I figure it is about time to clean or change them.

I read on here a few weeks or months ago about cleaning them. Are any of you doing this instead of forking out the bucks for new filters?
    2002 Chevy LS 2500HD Duramax/Allison, crew cab, short bed, Forest Green,4x4, Banks 4\" exhaust, Amsoil through out,Amsoil dual bypass and air filter. Torque Pro 2000 by ATS (propane baby)<br /> <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/hdmax\" target=\"_blank\">Mike`s pictures</a>

Question

Replaced cabin air filters today. Had ordered from dealer who said there were two filters, one being charcoal. When I removed them, they were both identical (non-charcoal) filters with same part number.

As the filters came two in a box, I used both plain filters. Should I have installed one charcoal filter? Has anyone found a charcoal filter in their truck? If so, in which position was it?
    01 2500HD LS 4x4 D/A Ext Cab Short Box, Charcoal Gray, Linex, Snow Plow, Denali dash bezel<br />4x4 light that now works!<br />Under seat storage bin (paid $31.75), Bilstein shocks, Timbren front springs

here is a couple of links about cabin filters:

http://forum.62-65-dieselpage.com/ub...c&f=5&t=000571

http://forum.62-65-dieselpage.com/ub...c&f=3&t=003727

http://forum.62-65-dieselpage.com/cg...10&t=002527&p=

you should be able to get enough info from these links.

hope this helps

[img]smile.gif[/img]
    2003 SLT Duramax CC/SB Carbon Metalic, Juice\'d, JK Light harness, HD sprayed box liner, J&J Millennium running boards, Fumoto valve, Tekonsha Prodigy brake controller, TFP Stainless door handle inserts, Michelin LT265/75R/16, combination Tool Box & Fuel tank(165L) with timed transfer flow, 2 Micron CAT Primery fuel filter, dndstarr@shaw.ca<p>PIC\"S <a href=\"http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/hx30/lst?.dir=/duramax\" target=\"_blank\">http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/hx30/lst?.dir=/duramax</a>

Talking

if you go to this link it give you pictures from Mackin's album...thank him for the pic's:

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...579&uid=412377

[img]smile.gif[/img]
    2003 SLT Duramax CC/SB Carbon Metalic, Juice\'d, JK Light harness, HD sprayed box liner, J&J Millennium running boards, Fumoto valve, Tekonsha Prodigy brake controller, TFP Stainless door handle inserts, Michelin LT265/75R/16, combination Tool Box & Fuel tank(165L) with timed transfer flow, 2 Micron CAT Primery fuel filter, dndstarr@shaw.ca<p>PIC\"S <a href=\"http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/hx30/lst?.dir=/duramax\" target=\"_blank\">http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/hx30/lst?.dir=/duramax</a>

Checked out all the links to various posts. None of them mentioned a charcooal filter. Both of my trucks filters were the same. Did anyone find anything different?
    01 2500HD LS 4x4 D/A Ext Cab Short Box, Charcoal Gray, Linex, Snow Plow, Denali dash bezel<br />4x4 light that now works!<br />Under seat storage bin (paid $31.75), Bilstein shocks, Timbren front springs